Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 Black Panamera GTS Journal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
RDR142 working on these cars to get the to where they should be can be fun. I’ve enjoyed working on mine.
I know black is hard to keep clean, but it looks so good! I really like those wheels btw.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Flo1989 will become famous soon enough
As expected, looks great my man!! I too concur with @LGARCIA that your wheels are pretty sick. Your interior sounds like a winner too with the CF bits. And I think red trim? One of the pics seem to show a hint of red for the seatbelt..Mine unfortunately doesn't have that but that may be my next modification...

Old 03-06-2019, 06:39 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
RDR142 working on these cars to get the to where they should be can be fun. I’ve enjoyed working on mine.
I know black is hard to keep clean, but it looks so good! I really like those wheels btw.
LGARCIA i agree. all my free time is messing with cars so it's like therapy for me to clean and detail and it's very rewarding when they are clean. i'm known in my neighborhood as the guy always cleaning his cars and i'm ok with that lol. appreciate the comment on wheels. i'm very happy with them as well... when they're clean ha. one thing i have noticed is that they seem to be a bit soft and subject to lips bending. it could also be attributed to short sidewall and the increased number of potholes and just **** roads around here anymore. there are a ton of subpar construction projects going on on the interstate that has claimed numerous victims. i have a couple flat spots in them but no vibration at all luckily

Old 03-06-2019, 06:51 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Good looking vehicle, congratulations!

Old 03-06-2019, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Flo1989
As expected, looks great my man!! I too concur with @LGARCIA that your wheels are pretty sick. Your interior sounds like a winner too with the CF bits. And I think red trim? One of the pics seem to show a hint of red for the seatbelt..Mine unfortunately doesn't have that but that may be my next modification...
Thanks FLO! Just trying to get on your level. Means a lot that you approve i'll post some more today with ties to your influence on design

yes interior has alcantera seat inserts with red stitching throughout and red belts along with red gts in headrest. this was what took the longest to find during my search. wanted this interior and i preferred the multifunction wheel over the paddle shift. the pdk does a better job of shifting than i will ever do and i prefer the ease of use of buttons and volume control over having to use the lever

Old 03-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by dudecs
Good looking vehicle, congratulations!
really appreciate it dudecs

Old 03-06-2019, 08:19 AM
first project was to follow if FLO's footsteps with plasti-dip to get rid of the chrome emblems on the back. i used a dark graphite and red. the key is to be patient and allow the proper time between coats and peeling. also, i noticed with the metallic graphite, there were residual speckles left behind on paint after pulling off. it cleans off but it doesn't happen with straight color so as i learned, if you are going to use metallic it is best to lay a base coat with a solid color to prevent this

metallic graphite or gunmetal

left the graphite in matte finish and cleared the red GTS for more pop

Old 03-06-2019, 08:54 AM
next project was to get some lower door stickers and chip guard on rear doors. i tried a few variations of color combos before deciding on matte graphite gray and gloss red so it was uniform with the plasti dip on back of car. car had some light rash on rear doors and i didn't want to respray them so i used satin black (same as wheels)

rear chip guard with silver lettering

stock silver

matte graphite with red / same as back

vinyl to cover rash and also future protection plus it gave a vintage 911 look that i have always loved.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Had some interest on the interior. i will have to get some better pics of it but these are a few i found that will at least give an idea of what's going on in there. not sure if anyone has found a way to deal with reflection from sport chrono gauge on windshield but i'm trying to find a cure. i've found stuff for other models but nothing for panamera

Old 03-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Roofmuny is an unknown quantity at this point
Man that’s pretty, where in NC I’m in the Raleigh area, definitely should meet up sometime if close

Old 03-07-2019, 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by Roofmuny
Man that’s pretty, where in NC I’m in the Raleigh area, definitely should meet up sometime if close
I'm around Lake Norman just above Charlotte. a little bit of a trip but would definitely be interested in meeting up if either one of us are in each others area

Old 03-07-2019, 07:02 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
BPM.... nice.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:45 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
I really like your wheels. they are really stand-out. Are they 21" wheels? Congrat !!!

Old 03-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
I really like your wheels. they are really stand-out. Are they 21" wheels? Congrat !!!
thanks dougcayenne. They are 22's. AG Ruger Mesh.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:26 AM
So, next on the list was to get full service and parts to get pani back to the proper level.
Pads and rotors all the way around
Front tires and align
CV boot
Driver side mirror motor
oil and air filter
Paint front bumper and rockers
Paint correction
PPF
Ceramic Coat

and then this happened.........not sure if it was just time for it or not but from what i've read about air suspension i believe it was a result of the bone jarring transition of construction zone on interstate. it felt like it broke the car in half. the day after the impact right front was sagging and bag drained. it would build up after start up but would drain over night so, add to the list front air bags. i decided to do both fronts at the same time while it was apart and sent both originals back to rebuildmastertech. So far i've not had any issues at all with the rebuild and it was a fraction of the cost of new. They were good and easy to deal with and quick turnaround. i've seen since that Arnott also is offering rebuilds now.

Last edited by RDR142; 03-08-2019 at 09:47 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 13 Black Panamera GTS Journal