Notices
Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Sagging Headliner on PanS

 
  #1  
Old 03-23-2019, 05:42 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Sagging Headliner on PanS

Hi guys! Any of you have a sagging headliner? Very soon the headliner fabric in front will cover my eyes and will touch the head of my passengers at the back seat as well. Help how to repair this pls
 
  #2  
Old 03-28-2019, 03:33 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boynton Beach, FL.
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
thefullgarage is on a distinguished road
I too had the same problem, but my headliner was falling off on all sides. I had to take it into a trusted place to get the old fabric taken out and replaced with new fabric. The place I chose used a material that is basically the same as what the car came with. Once you redo it, it will look and feel amazing compared to the old, weathered and unglued headliner. I paid around $800. Hope this helps!




Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket View Post
Hi guys! Any of you have a sagging headliner? Very soon the headliner fabric in front will cover my eyes and will touch the head of my passengers at the back seat as well. Help how to repair this pls
 
  #3  
Old 03-28-2019, 11:05 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Thanks thefullgarage! So they did not use the old fabric? Did it look exactly the same? I was contemplating on doing the same but worried that it will not look OEM and will diminish the value of the car. Hope I can find someone who can do a good and clean job.
 
  #4  
Old 04-24-2019, 04:28 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Hi guys. Does anyone have a link to a DIY on taking out the Pan headliner? I watched a YouTube video how to take down the headliner of a Cayenne. Is it the same? My last Cayenne was a 2006 model so I wouldn't know if the newer models are the same as the PanS. Planning to DIY the taking down of my headliner so that I can just bring it to the upholstery shop and have it repaired.
 
  #5  
Old 05-09-2019, 11:00 AM
UF_Panamera4s's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Atlanta
Age: 36
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
UF_Panamera4s is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket View Post
Hi guys. Does anyone have a link to a DIY on taking out the Pan headliner? I watched a YouTube video how to take down the headliner of a Cayenne. Is it the same? My last Cayenne was a 2006 model so I wouldn't know if the newer models are the same as the PanS. Planning to DIY the taking down of my headliner so that I can just bring it to the upholstery shop and have it repaired.
I'm also interested if anyone has had any success with this DIY removal on a Panamera. Similar to you, fullmetaljacket, I have an annoying headliner sag that recently started in my passenger rear that will require full attention in the near future. I've visited several shops in the Atlanta area but none of them will touch it or they don't meet up to my standards. There were two shops willing to do it but they both said the windshield would have to come off Reason being the large size of the headliner compared to the restricted space/small openings of the Panamera. Avoid any buckling of the mat.

I don't want to risk a windshield removal and would like to try all aftermarket options before considering a painful $5k replacement by the dealer with warranty
 
  #6  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UF_Panamera4s View Post
I'm also interested if anyone has had any success with this DIY removal on a Panamera. Similar to you, fullmetaljacket, I have an annoying headliner sag that recently started in my passenger rear that will require full attention in the near future. I've visited several shops in the Atlanta area but none of them will touch it or they don't meet up to my standards. There were two shops willing to do it but they both said the windshield would have to come off Reason being the large size of the headliner compared to the restricted space/small openings of the Panamera. Avoid any buckling of the mat.

I don't want to risk a windshield removal and would like to try all aftermarket options before considering a painful $5k replacement by the dealer with warranty
Really?? Take out the windshield?? Wow! If we manage to take out all the clips and all, shouldn't it just slide out through the rear hatch?
 
  #7  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:41 AM
XLR82XS's Avatar
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SW FL
Age: 41
Posts: 5,132
Rep Power: 358
XLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond repute
I must be the only guy without headliner issues. Is this happening to anyone with alcantara? (GTS/Turbo) I have a turbo with Espresso interior and the headliner is a touch lighter almost like a grey/espresso mix and I'm worried IF something happens there is no way to match it without sourcing OEM material.
 
  #8  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:41 AM
UF_Panamera4s's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Atlanta
Age: 36
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
UF_Panamera4s is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket View Post
Really?? Take out the windshield?? Wow! If we manage to take out all the clips and all, shouldn't it just slide out through the rear hatch?
I think it can be done through the rear hatch as well and most likely how the dealer would do it. However, the independent shops know the price of a new headliner from Germany so don't want to take the chance of a buckle.

I found an online manual that describes removing the passenger seat, fold down both rear seats, detach headliner and remove through the back. I'm curious if anyone has had any success following those steps before I try.
 
  #9  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM
UF_Panamera4s's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Atlanta
Age: 36
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
UF_Panamera4s is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by XLR82XS View Post
I must be the only guy without headliner issues. Is this happening to anyone with alcantara? (GTS/Turbo) I have a turbo with Espresso interior and the headliner is a touch lighter almost like a grey/espresso mix and I'm worried IF something happens there is no way to match it without sourcing OEM material.
I don't think it is a common issue or else there would probably be more info when trying to search online. A bit aggravating for me because the car's been garage kept it's whole life with limited use and this happens... OEM alcantara might be hard to match however, one of the shops I visited here had a huge array of ultrasuedes to match up. The problem was going to be matching the fabric. Hoping to get some input from thefullgarage on his experience.
 
  #10  
Old 05-21-2019, 02:39 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UF_Panamera4s View Post
I don't think it is a common issue or else there would probably be more info when trying to search online. A bit aggravating for me because the car's been garage kept it's whole life with limited use and this happens... OEM alcantara might be hard to match however, one of the shops I visited here had a huge array of ultrasuedes to match up. The problem was going to be matching the fabric. Hoping to get some input from thefullgarage on his experience.

mine is garage kept as well. Maybe it's the moisture.
 
  #11  
Old 05-21-2019, 02:40 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UF_Panamera4s View Post
I think it can be done through the rear hatch as well and most likely how the dealer would do it. However, the independent shops know the price of a new headliner from Germany so don't want to take the chance of a buckle.

I found an online manual that describes removing the passenger seat, fold down both rear seats, detach headliner and remove through the back. I'm curious if anyone has had any success following those steps before I try.
When you take the headliner down kindly do us a big favor by taking pictures of the clips and fasteners that need to be removed. Maybe you can point us to that online manual as well...? TIA!
 
  #12  
Old 05-23-2019, 05:54 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UF_Panamera4s View Post
I found an online manual that describes removing the passenger seat, fold down both rear seats, detach headliner and remove through the back. I'm curious if anyone has had any success following those steps before I try.
Hi UF Panamera 4S. Do you have the links to that online manual? Would appreciate it ng if you could post it here. My headliner is already 90% unglued and is really annoying already. If given the right guidance through your online manual, I'd like to take it down and bring it to the upholstery shop already. Help pls. Thanks!

Saw these YouTube videos on taking down the Cayenne headliner and dome light console. Wondering whether the process is the same hmmm...



Also found pictures on FB that gives ideas that it can be removed without taking the windshield off and also where the bolts are located...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...20738444697859

Are these information enough for me to attempt this job??
 

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 05-23-2019 at 06:35 PM.
  #13  
Old 05-25-2019, 08:48 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
So here goes for the benefit of fellow Panamera owners with sagging headliners! will post step by step with info in clips and panels to take out for this job when I'm done...




 
  #14  
Old 05-26-2019, 02:04 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 19
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
And it's true...that you don't have to take the windshield out to take down the headliner. You just have to carefully bend and force it out.



 
  #15  
Old 05-26-2019, 11:42 AM
DogWood's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bend, Oregon
Age: 56
Posts: 505
Rep Power: 22
DogWood will become famous soon enough
WOW, nice work!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sagging Headliner on PanS


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.