Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit Turbo Spoiler on Panamera 4

Old 04-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Wow !!! I do have ACC. Do you reprogram it?
Mine did not come with it. I retrofitted it. I tapped into the CRASH-CANBUS inside the right A-pillar.

Last edited by atwong1; 05-18-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:38 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Wow !!! ACC comes with the dome and camera mounting in the front. There is a **** and screen inside the display. You did all of that. That's AWESOME ...

Old 04-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Wow !!! ACC comes with the dome and camera mounting in the front. There is a **** and screen inside the display. You did all of that. That's AWESOME ...
ACC requires the lidar sensor, with an aluminum mount with two M6 screws used to mount to the bottom of the aluminum bumper. The two holes are pre-drilled from factory, but you have to tap it with M6 threads. Then there are two pieces of plastic mount cover to house the lidar. I think the dome you are referring to is the lidar. You have to replace the front grille to have a big center hole so the lidar can see thru. I am not aware of a ****. I think you may be referring to the flipper on the 8'oclock stalk which sets the following distance. Yes, I had to replace that. When I changed it, I went ahead and added Voice Control also because ...might as well. The screen inside the display is there once you enable ACC in PIWIS. One tip that I can give to anyone interested in this, is the lidar will not work until you program you VIN inside it. If you do not do that, it will look like the lidar is broke, and PIWIS will throw an error like ACC unit IMPLAUSIBLE. To enter VIN, choose ACC first and then go to Extended Identifications.

Thanks for the compliments. It's not easy, but I don't do easy things. Like I said before, I only do things that dealerships finds too hard to do. I am not here to drive them out of business, but to grant wishes to any Porsche owner who believes that he/she can have a Porsche His/Her Way, beyond the limits set by the official training that mechanics receive.

Last edited by atwong1; 04-05-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Kayvan1347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi all
when i mention initially I found a genius engineer from Atlanta I was serious. He knows the car better than dealer service centres. He customized as you wish. I was shocked what he did with my car. In middle the work i was worry a little bit. You know when you see your car got disassembled and you worry if it will get assembled back agin. But he did nicely. He is so precise and picky about his work and Porscha quality. So he wouldn’t let it get done unless finished perfectly. He installed the console LeD strip for me too which was difficult but nice result. To do that you need to remove the whole console. I can post a picture of the result later if anyone like to see it.

Last edited by Kayvan1347; 04-05-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:00 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Yes, Anthony you are 100% right on to describe the lidar system - ACC option. That's remarkable you have done, buddy. My Pan has ACC option, but i have not used it yet. LOL ...

Old 04-05-2019, 07:03 PM
I may try this ACC feature when I do SF-LA on I-5 next few weeks. Traffic is super heavy in the SF-SJ bay area. I hardly go beyond 65 LOL ...

Old 04-05-2019, 08:29 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
that is the perfect use for ACC, you'll love it (though it can brake a bit harder than you'd like when someone cuts in the open space, just set the distance down)

Old 02-16-2020, 10:47 PM
Garrettyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by atwong1
Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzHCVhNyYp8
Hi, atwong. Would you be willing to work on my 2017 Panamera? I am willing to pay whatever it costs! Please PM me

Old 01-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Soldierboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Panny wing

Originally Posted by Kayvan1347
Hi All,
i am very excited about this so I thought to start a fresh and new thread. The old thread for several years people were looking for a way to do this right and someone finally found that way.
i just had instal turbo spoiling pany4 2013 and it works and looks great exactly like factory installation. It is done by a genius engineer from Atlanta who found the right way of doing it. I showed mine to dealership they couldn’t believe it. It is done exactly like factory install and they couldn’t say any difference. I don’t think any dealership knows even how to do this. I saw some Chinese did in China as plug and play but it doesn’t behave normal. I saw the clips on YouTube. It is stuck on middle of closing .

can I get the name of the insaller in ATL for this spoiler, how can I contact him?

Last edited by Soldierboy; 01-07-2021 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Change
Old 01-08-2021, 01:06 AM
Kayvan1347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Soldierboy
can I get the name of the insaller in ATL for this spoiler, how can I contact him?
he is atwong1 on the same thread.
you can ask him directly.
if you couldn’t find him let me know.
Thanks

Old 01-08-2021, 06:54 AM
Panny spoiler

I tried to drop him a direct message but I don’t think it went through. I love that GT spoiler,my 2014 panny would look good with it.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:35 PM
Emerging Sponsor
Originally Posted by Soldierboy
I tried to drop him a direct message but I don’t think it went through. I love that GT spoiler,my 2014 panny would look good with it.
Thanks Kayvan for the email. I don’t come here often due to busy schedules. Soldierboy can you email me some high definition pictures of your car. Anthony.wong@9xxresearch.com

Old 01-08-2021, 03:05 PM
2014 Panamera

I emailed the ones I had in my phone as requested.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:22 PM
2014 Panamera

I sent the pictures.

Old 01-08-2021, 03:31 PM
2014 Panamera

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit Turbo Spoiler on Panamera 4