Notices
Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

40 K miles services for my 4S 2010

 
  #1  
Old 04-23-2019, 01:39 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
Quang is an unknown quantity at this point
40 K miles services for my 4S 2010

Porsche of fife quoted $1900 pre tax. Is it too much ? Thanks all
 
  #2  
Old 04-23-2019, 06:06 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 282
Rep Power: 141
NiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond repute
My indy shop did it for under $1000.
 
  #3  
Old 04-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
Quang is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NiceCar View Post
My indy shop did it for under $1000.
Thanks

I got another from one indy shop for $1440 pre tax. And one from Bellevue Porsche around the same as the indy shop. Another indy shop quoted around $1000. This shop works mostly on BMW and MB, not much on Porsche.

I think I should select Bellevue Porsche. What do you think? Thanks all
 

Last edited by Quang; 04-23-2019 at 06:47 PM.
  #4  
Old 04-24-2019, 06:30 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 6
rmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura about
Are you handy and have a good set of tools around? It is really easy to DIY honestly - probably total of $500 and ~3hrs time.

Plugs - can be done in less than an hour (I wrote a DIY on this forum and since then others have as well)
Air Filters - removing the bumper can be intimidating, however, again, super easy and just use caution to not scratch the paint. The in cabin filter takes about 5 minutes
Brakes - inspect them, I'm sure they're fine but you should consider a brake fluid flush (tool is super cheap at harbor freight or you can have a friend help)
Scanner - you'll need something to clear the maintenance light - the iCarsoft is pretty cheap and could help in the future regardless - think of this as an investment
 
  #5  
Old 04-24-2019, 06:42 AM
HP41's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Michigan
Age: 59
Posts: 79
Rep Power: 8
HP41 has a spectacular aura aboutHP41 has a spectacular aura aboutHP41 has a spectacular aura about
(agree with above post from rmjjensen -- I have done all the maintenance on my Panamera myself -- it's not harder than any other car other than needing the scanner tool for reset)

I recommend that you get a detail list of what each dealership / mechanic is including in the price. There are several services that due to age are recommended for your car that may not be indicated/included due to lower mileage. (40K I assume) at 9 years of age.

(i.e., brake fluid change, spark plugs, PDK fluid change, air filter, ...)

Just make sure you are getting apples-to-apples comparisons and also that all the services you feel need to be done are being covered.

I don't have the 2010 maintenance schedule, but here is a copy of the 2014 version.

Regards,
 
Attached Files

Last edited by HP41; 04-24-2019 at 06:44 AM. Reason: later post
  #6  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
Quang is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HP41 View Post
(agree with above post from rmjjensen -- I have done all the maintenance on my Panamera myself -- it's not harder than any other car other than needing the scanner tool for reset)

I recommend that you get a detail list of what each dealership / mechanic is including in the price. There are several services that due to age are recommended for your car that may not be indicated/included due to lower mileage. (40K I assume) at 9 years of age.

(i.e., brake fluid change, spark plugs, PDK fluid change, air filter, ...)

Just make sure you are getting apples-to-apples comparisons and also that all the services you feel need to be done are being covered.

I don't have the 2010 maintenance schedule, but here is a copy of the 2014 version.

Regards,
Thank you rmjjensen and HP41.
Unfortunately I am too old to DIY. My car has 37.5 K miles.
Yes. I asked them to give me a list of what they do for 40 K services. Cost of parts and labor.
Attached is the quote from AIR - indy shop.
 
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
QUOTE 40K SVCS - INDY.pdf (196.7 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Quang; 04-24-2019 at 09:52 AM.
  #7  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:02 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
Quang is an unknown quantity at this point



My 2010 P4S


 
  #8  
Old 04-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 0
tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a terrible deal, and I understand an indy marketing up parts but they are killing you on oil ($98 for 9.5 quarters - Amazing price about ~60) and spark plugs ($343/8 - amazing price about ~80 for a set) is a bit insane.
 

Last edited by tallpaul; 04-26-2019 at 04:44 PM.
  #9  
Old 04-26-2019, 06:53 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
Quang is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
Not a terrible deal, and I understand an indy marketing up parts but they are killing you on oil ($98 for 9.5 quarters - Amazing price about ~60) and spark plugs ($343/8 - amazing price about ~80 for a set) is a bit insane.
Thanks. Yes itís terrible. But I canít do it, so...
 
  #10  
Old 04-26-2019, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 0
tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Quang View Post
Thanks. Yes it’s terrible. But I can’t do it, so...
You asked if it's terrible - some parts are terrible and another indy may give you a better deal overall. So the answer is, it's bad. Not just compared to doing itself either. It's a high, a good indy likely does it for 50-75% of the cost.
 
  #11  
Old 04-27-2019, 05:00 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
Quang is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
You asked if it's terrible - some parts are terrible and another indy may give you a better deal overall. So the answer is, it's bad. Not just compared to doing itself either. It's a high, a good indy likely does it for 50-75% of the cost.
Thanks. Iíll shop around more. Unfortunately there are not many indy working on Porsche in my city
 
  #12  
Old 04-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 0
tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Quang View Post
Thanks. Iíll shop around more. Unfortunately there are not many indy working on Porsche in my city
You could try Rolf's. Not a Porsche specialist per se, but they do work on them and generally have a good reputation. It would at least be worth a second quote/opinion if nothing else to validate what you'd spend.

Hopefully someone else in the area can make another suggestion.
 
  #13  
Old 04-27-2019, 07:26 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 64
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0
Quang is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
You could try Rolf's. Not a Porsche specialist per se, but they do work on them and generally have a good reputation. It would at least be worth a second quote/opinion if nothing else to validate what you'd spend.

Hopefully someone else in the area can make another suggestion.
Thanks. I am in Olympia WA. Where is Rolf?
 
  #14  
Old 04-28-2019, 12:52 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: los alto, california
Posts: 303
Rep Power: 18
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Porsche bellevue is very good shop in WA. I would go with Porsche in Bellevue, ask for 10% discount if they can give it to you to compete with Indy. For same price I go with Porsche for peace of mind. I bought my 2016 Porsche panamera S hybrid from bellevue even I lived in the SF bay area.
 
  #15  
Old 04-28-2019, 04:13 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 0
tallpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Quang View Post
Thanks. I am in Olympia WA. Where is Rolf?
In Fife
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 40 K miles services for my 4S 2010


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.