Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turismo Owners... quick question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Panamera Turismo Owners... quick question

Hey folks, I sold my x5m a few weeks back and have been looking at possibly getting a PTurismo as a daily. I had a 2018 Panamera 4S sedan as a loaner over memorial day weekend and enjoyed driving it. For those that have the Turismo, do you have any regrets/issues? On the flip side, anything you love about it? Oh... and please post pics if you don't mind!

I'm looking at getting into a CPO turbo or E hybrid turbo in the next few months and possibly the Techart Grand GT kit. Love to get your input. Thanks in advance!

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 06-03-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:05 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't buy one but shopped one earlier in the year. The Sport Turismo models aren't selling well at dealerships and have a larger discount and markdowns than the normal panamera. For a regular 18 Turbo was getting about 15-18% depending on how long they were on the lot ie 400 days. Sport Turismo much better discount from the start one dealer offered 27-29% off leftover Turbo Sport Turismo. Not over the phone but in writing with tax delivery etc calculated, no trade in either.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:53 PM
DeeJott is on a distinguished road
Driving a PST 4 since about a year with zero regrets, except that I should have gotten the 4S or GTS instead of the 'base 4'.
For me, the PST represents the perfect car: Refined, sporty, excellent build quality, but also utilitarian when needed. On the weekends, hauling my bicycles to group rides in it without taking anything apart nor take the wheel(s) off. Even sufficient space to throw multiple bikes (with layers of blankets in between them) in the back. What also does not hurt is the permanent smile on my face when driving one of the coolest wagons out there. Getting surprisingly many thumbs up and random comments - more wagon and hatchback lovers out there than I would have thought. It is, as MBi states, a rare bird.

Old 06-09-2019, 12:13 PM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
My biggest regret is buying one at all, not because I don't like the car but because of the depreciation. If you're looking at a used one you should be able to pay about 50% of msrp which makes it a good deal. Mine was $206,000 MSRP and I was just offered $100 for it on a trade I was looking at. If you want exclusivity it's a better choice than a regular panamera, I've never seen another one on the road. As it turns out all the car companies were right by not bringing wagons here (americans won't buy them)

Old 06-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cvprez
My biggest regret is buying one at all, not because I don't like the car but because of the depreciation. If you're looking at a used one you should be able to pay about 50% of msrp which makes it a good deal. Mine was $206,000 MSRP and I was just offered $100 for it on a trade I was looking at. If you want exclusivity it's a better choice than a regular panamera, I've never seen another one on the road. As it turns out all the car companies were right by not bringing wagons here (americans won't buy them)
Appreciate the input. I was told by my Porsche SA that the turismo has not sold well and now they only take orders as opposed to having them in stock. The depreciation is the only thing that concerns me at this point but I've read that although it's a lot of car, Porsche priced it too high to begin with.

Edwin

Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
Again if you're buying used I don't think think you'll get stung too bad and you will definitely feel better about it. There is no other car I can think of that has lost 50% of it's MSRP in one year and I've owned a lot of them. At $100k-$115k its going to be tough to beat, I would also look for one that is optioned as heavily as possible - all the options cost a ton up front but don't seem to be added much to the resale value so you may as get one that some dummy (ME) spent $206k to build instead of one that only cost $175k

Old 06-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by cvprez
Again if you're buying used I don't think think you'll get stung too bad and you will definitely feel better about it. There is no other car I can think of that has lost 50% of it's MSRP in one year and I've owned a lot of them. At $100k-$115k its going to be tough to beat, I would also look for one that is optioned as heavily as possible - all the options cost a ton up front but don't seem to be added much to the resale value so you may as get one that some dummy (ME) spent $206k to build instead of one that only cost $175k
Good advice...thanks