Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with errors and codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 06:12 AM
shrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud of
I believe you would get the 'disabled' code, but not the fault code. Disabled =/= fault, but fault = disabled.

Old 06-17-2021, 12:19 AM
gvenz33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jzchen
Thanks for the update about the lighting issue! (Glad I paid attention over on the Candlepowerforums). I can understand a filament and the halogen cycle... Didn't think you'd ever need to change a gas discharge bulb since there is no filament, until it failed...

​​​​​Best of luck on a quick solution on the suspension!
I am still trying to figure out the suspension warning. It does pop up as soon as I turn on the engine. I wonder if low battery voltage might cause it cause it does take a quick second to crank it.

About the light, I noticed after I replaced the bulbs and the ballasts that I now have an icon of a headlight that is flashing Amber. Any idea what that could be? I remember you saying the bulb releases gases, would the headlight seal needing replacement cause this flashing Amber light?

Old 06-17-2021, 04:41 AM
jzchen is infamous around these parts
I'm afraid I'm at the point where I'm in over my head. (Sorry about that. I just ordered yet another replacement SSD for my PIWIS 3 and noticed the company appears to be discontinuing it on their website)...

Sadly regarding the lights there's still something off. I found this neat guide although it seems quite a few of the icons are not loading for some reason, computer or internet is not being nice to me still waiting for FireFox to install and check if it's a browser incompatibility...

https://www.prestigeimports.net/pors...arning-lights/

Old 06-17-2021, 07:29 AM
DogWood is infamous around these partsDogWood is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gvenz33
I am still trying to figure out the suspension warning. It does pop up as soon as I turn on the engine. I wonder if low battery voltage might cause it cause it does take a quick second to crank it.

About the light, I noticed after I replaced the bulbs and the ballasts that I now have an icon of a headlight that is flashing Amber. Any idea what that could be? I remember you saying the bulb releases gases, would the headlight seal needing replacement cause this flashing Amber light?
the battery would be a good place to look, as a weak battery can (and has) cause all kinds of odd behavior. how old is your battery? has it ever been fully discharged ? (AGM batteries hate that)

Old 06-17-2021, 07:51 AM
I'm afraid I'm at the point where I'm in over my head. (Sorry about that. I just ordered yet another replacement SSD for my PIWIS 3 and noticed the company appears to be discontinuing it on their website)...

Sadly regarding the lights there's still something off. I found this neat guide although it seems quite a few of the icons are not loading for some reason, computer or internet is not being nice to me still waiting for FireFox to install and check if it's a browser incompatibility...

https://www.prestigeimports.net/pors...arning-lights/
i did check that site a few times. It’s not your internet, it’s the site that’s missing the icons. Happens to me too. I did notice the headlight seal is all old and sticky rubber now. I am going to replace that. Maybe the bass is not supposed to escape from the headlight chamber and because it is, could be causing the flashing Amber light even though all the headlights and high beams work properly.

Last edited by gvenz33; 06-17-2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by DogWood
the battery would be a good place to look, as a weak battery can (and has) cause all kinds of odd behavior. how old is your battery? has it ever been fully discharged ? (AGM batteries hate that)
the battery is about 2-3 years old. It didn’t discharge but I do believe there was a power drain that happened. I am going to charge it up and see if the crank changes, otherwise I will just replace it and see if that clears some of the errors.

update: I took the car to O’Reilly’s and they did a battery, starter, alternator test and the starter failed. So I think the starter may be causing some of these errors. Will update as soon as I figure out the starter and how to replace the starter.

Last edited by gvenz33; 06-17-2021 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:32 AM
It's in the "V". I suggest to get the 8 gaskets for the "intake air distributor" as Porsche calls it. You'll be pulling it off. Good news is all those bolts holding it down are reusable. Also get the seals for the AOS/PCV valve. And the one Al bolt that holds the bracket to the passenger side of the engine.

Last edited by jzchen; 06-18-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:51 AM
Nikita4Ever is infamous around these parts
Let's do the simple stuff first. Clear the codes and see if it comes back.

Old 06-19-2021, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nikita4Ever
Let's do the simple stuff first. Clear the codes and see if it comes back.
so the error that keeps coming back is:

C1200C Communication PASM control Unit

Old 06-21-2021, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by gvenz33
so the error that keeps coming back is:

C1200C Communication PASM control Unit
actually Rechecked the error codes through the PiWiS and no error codes come up but I am still getting the Fault Chassis System error and flashing Amber headlight icons.

weird thing is I pulled out the headlights yesterday and I still get the flashing Amber headlight icon. So I am not sure if it’s a “communication” warning LED or what.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:50 PM
shrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud ofshrike071 has much to be proud of
If your car is still showing errors, but your "PIWIS" isn't, your scanner isn't working correctly. Did you check for power at the module?

Old 06-21-2021, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by shrike071
If your car is still showing errors, but your "PIWIS" isn't, your scanner isn't working correctly. Did you check for power at the module?
what do you mean by “power at the module?”

Old 06-22-2021, 09:01 AM
Definitely agree with @shrike071 that something's amiss with your PIWIS. Easiest way to take care of a problem is to read the codes and determine what they mean, and find out likely causes. Still waiting on the replacement SSD, but if the error code is gone then there should not be any error lights. I get more error codes on my Foxwell NT510 Elite than I get error lights on the instrument cluster, not the other way around.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:43 PM
Definitely agree with @shrike071 that something's amiss with your PIWIS. Easiest way to take care of a problem is to read the codes and determine what they mean, and find out likely causes. Still waiting on the replacement SSD, but if the error code is gone then there should not be any error lights. I get more error codes on my Foxwell NT510 Elite than I get error lights on the instrument cluster, not the other way around.
Finally for an update: Took it to a Porsche dealer to do a diagnostic. so it looks like it’s the ECU not communicating. Dealer tried to quote me for the repair (ridiculous amount). Told me that the WCU needs to get programmed for my car. Is this true? Question I have is does the ECU need to get programmed or is it a plug and play module?

Old 07-10-2021, 05:28 PM
It's possible. So there are no codes in your PIWIS? I just fixed mine by activating Windows 8 Pro (both boot drives) with valid codes then upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. Then made a clone/backup. Both have "Fault Finding" shaded out (just checked a few moments ago) so I'm afraid I'm not going to be helpful looking it up. But yes Google the C1200C and someone shared what looked like PIWIS fault finding. One of the solutions was reflash/program the ECU...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with errors and codes