Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spy Pics: More Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:23 AM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Spy Pics: More Panamera

Wendelin Wiedeking has just recently announced, in an interview with the German motoring magazine Auto Motor & Sport, that Porsche's new four-door coupe, dubbed Panamera, has begun its testing marathon at the challenging Nuerburgring this week--and we have the first pictures that show the real car in full action.
Scheduled for an official presentation at the 2009 Geneva show, the Panamera is expected to be a strong competitor to the Mercedes CLS and the future Aston Martin Rapide, as well as Volkswagen's upcoming four-door coupe.
Though the Panamera takes over design elements from the 911 range, there will obviously be significant differences. While the 911 has always kept its rear-mounted boxer engine, the Panamera will have a choice of three front-mounted motors, although they'll be set back to the center of the car as much as possible.
The entry-level powerplant will be Volkswagen's 3.5-liter six-cylinder engine with 300 bhp, while Porsche's own drivetrain will be a direct-injection eight-cylinder gas engine, available in naturally-aspirated guise (350 bhp) and with twin turbos (560 bhp). That should be enough to beat out the competition for a while. However, should Stuttgart make the CLS even stronger, Zuffenhausen might strike back with the Porsche GT's 700-bhp ten-cylinder powerplant!
The target for the Panamera is to be a true sportscar, while at the same time being a "family car" for every-day use with four full seats, easy access to the rear and a good-sized luggage compartment.
When it hits the road in 2009, Porsche hopes to be able to sell 20,000 units annually--and to jump over the barrier of 100,000 sold cars per year.

Article by http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&article=10879

Old 09-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned
switchcars is on a distinguished road
back end looks cayman-esque....that car is going to be phenomenal

Old 09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
is it me or is porsche starting to leave its strict sports car ways.......i mean the cayenne is beautiful but didnt anyone think that porsche's intent to build an suv is more for $ then anything else? oh and the fact that the 997 GT3 and GT2 and coming with sunroof doesnt show that porsche is starting to care less about what it has been for many years?

personally i would love to see Panamera kick the snot out of the CLS (not really a fan of it) but a four door porsche? am i the only one who thinks it's kinda weird?

Old 09-26-2006, 04:58 PM
cmalana is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes, it takes a revamp of the business model to continue to survive in changing times. I would rather see Porsche produce a sedan (I thought that would happen BEFORE they produced an SUV), than to go out of business as long as they continue to produce cars from their sports car heritage.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Panayiotis will become famous soon enoughPanayiotis will become famous soon enough
Its a fair call however to survive these days as a niche manufacturer is hard. Main stream models are needed to bankroll development of specials like the CGT and to a lesser extant GT3 and GT2.

I don't doubt that we have to thank the Cayenne for allowing Porsche to build the CGT.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is on a distinguished road
has that EB110 blue. not diggin it.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:09 AM
hamp is on a distinguished road
Looks like the CGT headlamps, this could look good..