Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Tail of the Dragon Redux July 9-11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Banned
SixtySix will become famous soon enough
nawce!!!

Old 07-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is on a distinguished road
So what's the date for the 2004 TOD Part 2 ????????

Old 07-14-2004, 09:09 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
As soon as humanly possible I hope
Michelle, I cant find any helpful info on the Brembo's

Old 07-16-2004, 07:06 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up And now ... for the REST of the STORY

Teresa and I contacted the guy who runs www.killboy.com who is a biker and takes a lot of photos on the Dragon and other events. We wanted to make sure he didn't have any more photos for July 9th ... he didn't and here is why :

I got out Friday around 11:30am, they (LEO's) were already setup. They left around 1pm. They told an out-of-state LEO who was riding a sportbike ("Obviously they were very serious about getting us, although catching Bill would have been interesting - Russ") that they knew about the "Porsche Across America" thing. (that's what they called it I believe) The out-of-state LEO stopped and talked to me about it. How they found out is a mystery to us. We didn't have it on our Yahoo Group calendar or the Tail of the Dragon calendar. They cops may get around online and watch for gatherings I guess. Let me know next time if you want, and I'll try to get out there and get some shots if you guys are coming during the week. I won't make any mention of it, but that's not to say they won't find out again. =/ Maybe we should start faking them out by saying we'll be out there on one day, then show up the day before. >=)

Obviously a great guy and it's a good thing we went away the Dragon when we did. I believe we left Deals Gap around 10 AM or so and the LEOs were setup shortly after that. Teresa and I assume the Sheriff behind us (when we turned off of 441 onto US 129 and had to re-group) and passed us called ahead to alert his buddies!

Anyway, thought some of you might enjoy the rest of the story!

Old 07-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Talking Re: And now ... for the REST of the STORY

Originally posted by russbert
Maybe we should start faking them out by saying we'll be out there on one day, then show up the day before.
OK....They'll never look this far back on the Board, so we'll use a base number of 13, and from now on speak in terms of "base +/- a number". If the drive is going to be on the 17th, it's "base +4".

Old 07-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Sean is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: And now ... for the REST of the STORY

Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
OK....They'll never look this far back on the Board, so we'll use a base number of 13, and from now on speak in terms of "base +/- a number". If the drive is going to be on the 17th, it's "base +4".
good idea Dock

Old 07-29-2004, 12:40 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
Cool We still get mentioned (from time to time) ...

Just thought some of you might like to see this .... This is yet another example of why it doesn't always pay to advertise!! Another reason to use Dock's secret code.

Personally I can't believe the person was suprised since the Miata gathering (450+ cars) was so well announced 2-3 weeks prior on the TOD website (home page no less).

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 6:25 PM
Subject: [dealsgap] Law Enforcement at the Gap

I was at the gap this weekend in my Miata for the big 'unofficial'
event. Is it normal these days for there to be that many TN state
troopers and sherrifs out there? I saw a total of 10 different law
enforcement vehicles in one run through the gap. Maybe they knew we were coming...

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:42:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Law Enforcement at the Gap

Oh they definitely knew you were coming. They watch the forums all over the internet...a couple of weeks ago they were there for a Porsche group that didn't even have anything out there on TailoftheDragon.com or our little calendar here.

It is unusual for them to have that many State boys out there though. The last time they did that was a few months ago, just after the first fatality of the year. Prior to that it had been a couple of years since we had seen upwards of 4 state troopers out there.

Either way it sounds like they didn't do much to have one trooper for each mile of road. I only heard of a couple of tickets being issued...one for crossing the double yellow, and one for reversing while on the road. (deserved)

Best Regards,
Darryl