Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Tail of the Dragon Redux July 9-11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Banned
SixtySix will become famous soon enough
I say good sir, THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!

Old 07-08-2004, 09:08 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking I'm here

I arrived last nite. I'm taking my daughter to visit Vanderbilt today. I should be back by 8pm. The rest of the Wilmington crew(bill and mark) should arrive around that time too. In case we miss you, leave word at the desk so we can meet up!

Old 07-08-2004, 11:36 PM
harveyy is on a distinguished road
James and I are leaving Hickory around 1:00 putting us in Knoxville around 4:00. See you then.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Getting close now, wish I could be there. You guys all have a good time and most importantly, be safe.

Old 07-09-2004, 05:31 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Keep the shiney side up fella's and have a great, safe time... :-)

Old 07-09-2004, 05:45 AM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is on a distinguished road
The Jersey crew is 36 miles from Knoxville

Old 07-09-2004, 05:47 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Porsche Babe
The Jersey crew is 36 miles from Knoxville
Thanks for the update P-Babe!!!

Sounds like you have the hotline to the crew...keep us apprised of the developments, especially regarding the S. Florida crew's butt whipping on the tail... he he

Old 07-09-2004, 09:45 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
The S. FL crew is more like the S. Floridian
Xico is the only one to make it up!!!
Bryan missed his flight and Orlando is stuck in Puerto Rico and I missed the transport for my car!!!!
What a disaster!! O well I am sure they will have fun regardless!!
Evan

Old 07-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Moderatorette
Spoke to Ken & Xico tonight and all is well ! They promised lots of photos and video of the run. Spoke with Brian and Orlie alsol... We wish we could be there with everyone, we send our safe wishes to all..... Have a GREAT time on the tail!

They have laptops with them, they will be posting tomorrow

Old 07-09-2004, 06:14 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Well, we did arrive and it was relatively uneventful except for a few scares with the highway patrols. I have been using the scanner and CB to listen to the police transmissions and converse with the truckers. My favorite line by one of the truckers....."Enjoy yourselves and SPEED RESPONSIBLY".

That just may become my new tag line so it is officially reserved.

We met everyone shortly after arriving and it seems we are the same.....modaholics. Xico came in late yesterday and we had a chance to look at his car shortly after dinner (oh, and TonyNJ picked up the tab!! Thanks Tony!!)

Here is a picture of the "Calm before the storm!"

From left to right we have Dock, Harvey, James, ??, Bill, Xico, Tony, Ron, Sean and KPV.

I need to leave now, so I will update later!!

It is off to breakfast and then the ~~~Tail~~~.........

Old 07-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Banned
SixtySix will become famous soon enough
Best wishes and have a safe run out there!!!

Old 07-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Wish I could have attended. Have a safe drive!

Old 07-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Moderatorette
Smile TOD Update

Spoke to Ken to check on the crew...

He said and I quote "The best roads I ever driven particularly the Cherohala skyway"

They all had a GREAT time...and all are safe
They even had time to do some drag runs - they also played with some sport bikes...

Wish I could have been there!

TOD - 2004 Part 2 - Anyone?

They took plenty of pictures and video

Ken will post pictures later

Can't wait for you to come home so I can see the video footage!

BTW - Xico represented Florida VERY WELL!

Old 07-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Exotic Performance
xico is on a distinguished road
the best drive i have ever done

it is 2:00am , Ken and I just finished getting all the pictures in my laptop and we just tested a piece of video from today's run; it is awsome, i will work on getting the video hosted so it can be downloaded as soon as possible for those interested to see.

Old 07-10-2004, 02:36 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Well, we ran this infamous road, as well as others today and all I can say is "OH MY GOD!!!"

Without exception, these are some of the best roads I have ever driven on in my life. I kid you not!

Before I go any further I want to say what an absolute pleasure it was to meet the following people:
  • James....Great car and only wish there was more time to get to know you.
  • Harvey.....That NA 993 really moves under your control.
  • Dock....I am so glad we finally got to meet face to face. THe pleasure was all mine.
  • Mark....First off, that is one beautiful GT2!! After trying last year and finally making this happen this year, I am glad we finally met! It was a pleasure.
    Mark......What can I say, other than camera envy! You got me on FPS!
  • Bill.....Winner of "Most Valuable Player" Award!! Bill, I stand amazed at what you made that stock turbo do! It was a pleasure meeting you and driving with you. Thank you for helping out with the leading role. It was a huge help and made the day fantastic with the routes you chose.
  • Russ....Good people. I am glad we met.
  • Theresa....It was a pleasure meeting you. I am so happy that you made it and that you drove as well!! Make sure you make it to the next one.
  • Xico.....Last, but certainly not least! It is so amazing with our many telephone calls and finally meeting you in person, I feel as though I have known you for years! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you. The pleasure was all mine. We really need to figure out a way to link the two groups for events. As the new Florida spokesman, maybe you can pull some strings and get those guys involved. I can't wait to get my hands on that video of yours! Oh, and the car.....Bellisimo!!

Following is a picture of reserved parking area the hotel arranged for us with James' help. We also want to thank Mike Butler (GM of the hotel) for arranging this.

Preparing for the big launch!!

All lined up and ready to roll:

The start of the trip:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon Redux July 9-11