Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

In the market...Where do y'all look?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 06:48 PM
Tremelune is on a distinguished road
Talking In the market...Where do y'all look?

I finally got a chance to drive one of these and I'm delighted to say the driving experience lived up to the looks. Now I'm actually in the market for one. Though I'm in no hurry, it's always a bummer to see one get by.

Are there any special places to look for these things? I have searches set up on cars.com, Craigslist in my area (California), AutoTrader, and the classifieds here...Do dealers usually advertise or only on their sites? I always like to buy from individuals so I can speak to them in person, but it seems like the vast majority are being sold by dealerships.

They're a dime a dozen in grey, but I'm looking for a 2006-2011 V8 Vantage couple with a clutch pedal in green (or maybe blue) and no modifications. Definite bonus points for a 4.7L. Are there any sales numbers broken down by color? It seems like 4.7 models are quite rare compared to the 4.3, and much more so in colors that aren't white/silver/gray/black. I'm just trying to figure out how long I'd be willing to wait for the "perfect" example...

Last edited by Tremelune; 10-27-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:15 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Add car gurus to your search, sometimes there is a few examples. Prices are high right now but they will change over the winter months. You will know when you find the right one. Please get it inspected by a qualified mechanic.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:47 AM
OjaiM5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bring a Trailer is a good place to look. Their serch works well too.
Good luck.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:05 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I like BaT as I look daily just to see unusual things or enjoy the comments and history of vehicles. But they and other auctions have driven up prices and market share. You may find one but you will pay the extra fees on top of the cost.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:54 AM
cloverleaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Cars and Bids dot com is another relatively new site, sort of a spin-off of BaT created by Doug Demuro. Autolist.com has a nice app and also shows the number of days a car has been on the market along with pricing adjustments. I believe they were recently acquired by CarGurus.
I've been searching for a similar Vantage 4.7 manual and it seems they sell more during spring/summer months. And covid coupled with new car supply chain constraints has made the used car market absolutely bonkers...seeing a 20-50% 'appreciation' in values this year which is just madness.

A not insignificant number of Vantages (both 4.3 and 4.7L) have issues with their timing covers which is an expensive repair ($5k+) and it seems rooted in an issue with a pinched gasket when assembled at the factory. Some owners have had it replaced with another pinched gasket that leaks down the line, so definitely something to ask the PO if they encountered any issues with it. It also seems like they go through clutches quickly which is another $5k job. The two or three low-mileage examples I drove all seemed like they were coming due, though admittedly clutch wear is pretty subjective.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:05 AM
OjaiM5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been eyeballing MossDBR1's Vantage on here. So tempting