Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Wtb: 2001 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:09 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
All Boost

I don't think you're even interested in a Turbo unless you can steal the car. You don't know what you are talking about when you say you don't have to pay auction fees because he is your "true" friend, like Stryke said auction fees are not up to him. Good luck finding a Turbo, my money says you will never buy one!

Eric

Old 02-08-2004, 12:57 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
All Boost, below are your own words.

"I'm in the market for a used 2001 996TT. Looking at spending somewhere between $75K and $80K, depending on mileage, condition, options, and history."

"ESK - Who said I was trying to get a 996TT for low $70ks? Read my post again - I'm offering $75k to $80k"

"Actually, I've had two people off this site email me about 996TT's for sale in the $75k to $80k range."

You have the cash, you are willing to pay 75-80K depending, you have at least two people willing to sell in your budget.

Something is missing based on your statements. You should have one by now! Let us know when you get it.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:24 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I was going to pour on the hatorade but...

Old 02-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Banned
All Boost is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by CAPTLST
All Boost

I don't think you're even interested in a Turbo unless you can steal the car. You don't know what you are talking about when you say you don't have to pay auction fees because he is your "true" friend, like Stryke said auction fees are not up to him. Good luck finding a Turbo, my money says you will never buy one!

Eric
That is basically true. With the way the economy is and the used car market being so soft, I feel like I should be able to get an excellent deal. If not, I'll continue looking.

As for the auction fees, my friend did not pass them onto me when I bought my Jeep last year. It was a flat fee of $100. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he was already going to the auction that day.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Going or not, it does not matter. The auction has a breakdown structure on fees. A car between X amount and X amount will cost you X amount of dollars. You pay it on every car. I have bought hundreds of cars at the auctions over the years and that's the way it works.

Old 02-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Banned
Originally posted by cjv
All Boost, below are your own words.

"I'm in the market for a used 2001 996TT. Looking at spending somewhere between $75K and $80K, depending on mileage, condition, options, and history."

"ESK - Who said I was trying to get a 996TT for low $70ks? Read my post again - I'm offering $75k to $80k"

"Actually, I've had two people off this site email me about 996TT's for sale in the $75k to $80k range."

You have the cash, you are willing to pay 75-80K depending, you have at least two people willing to sell in your budget.

Something is missing based on your statements. You should have one by now! Let us know when you get it.
Oh, I see, so because I've had two 911 Turbos offered to me in the $75k to $80k range, I should just jump on one of them just like that? I don't know about you or others, but if I'm going to buying a high end sports car, I'm going to take my time and make sure I get the right car for the right money. As I said, one car was raced and the other was modded. I'm really trying to find a clean, unmolested factory original car.

Why you guys feel the need to jump all over me is what I'd like to know. If you don't like somebody's price to either buy or sell something, you should let them know via PM. That is proper "netiquette."

Marc

Old 02-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Stryke
Going or not, it does not matter. The auction has a breakdown structure on fees. A car between X amount and X amount will cost you X amount of dollars. You pay it on every car. I have bought hundreds of cars at the auctions over the years and that's the way it works.
Well maybe then my friend ate that small fee on my Jeep since it was only a $6,000 car. I guess I won't be as lucky when buying a $75k Porsche, but I'll still be saving a ton of money based on your and my auction results of low mileage 01 996TTs falling in the $70k to $74k range!

Marc

Old 02-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
The fee on a $6,000 Jeep at a Manheim auction is around $275. Nice friend you got there.

Old 02-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Banned
I went to high school with him many years ago.

What's the fee on a '01 996TT like?

Old 02-08-2004, 02:22 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Who are the two guy's on the board who offered to sell you their cars for so cheap. Someone here has to know them.

Old 02-08-2004, 03:14 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
"I'm in the market for a used 2001 996TT. Looking at spending somewhere between $75K and $80K, depending on mileage, condition, options, and history.

"As I said, one car was raced and the other was modded. I'm really trying to find a clean, unmolested factory original car."

All Boost,

I believe people would find you a little more believable if you didn't keep adding conditions as you go along. I believe your first statement about milage, condition, options and history about covers every concievable 996tt. You did give a high and a low range based on your statement. Take all the time you want. This post will be here for a long time. However, if you wait too long we will all call foul as given enough time cars do depreciate. Good luck with your search. We will all be anxiously awaiting.

Old 02-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Banned
cjv - I don't appreciate you insinuating that I'm a liar. If you think I'm lying, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? I can forward you all of the PMs and emails that I received pertaining to the two 996TTs that were offered to me at my price range ($75K to $80K). Why don't we place a little bet if you think I'm making this all up as I go along.

Old 02-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor
Guys, guys....

Come on now. The guy had some questions, others felt he was low balling, fine! No need to fight and insult one another. If he can find the car he wants at the price he wants, great! If not, also great!

Can't we all just get along?

Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Alright I'm done. Good luck finding your car I hope you are a shrewd negotiator.

Eric

Old 02-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by All Boost
cjv - why don't you put your money where your mouth is?
I think this is the first and only time I will ever hear someone saying that to Chad.

Chad's problem is that he has TOO MUCH money lying around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wtb: 2001 996tt