Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1972 Datsun 240Z - $125,000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
1972 Datsun 240Z - $125,000

Year: 1972
Make: Datsun
Model: 260Z
Price: $125000
Mileage: 800
Color: Lime
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

First off, how does this forum have Datsun as a Make option, which is great, but only 260Z for the Z selection? The 240Z is the one that's worth something, and the 260Z was only offered for a year.

Anyway, I'll be straight to the point. You can CLICK HERE to see the build thread on this car.

I sold my supercharged 997S that was a cover car for Excellence to finish this Z. I say that to point out that it's not just "any Datsun". This car put down 439RWHP on pump gas with a beautiful graph to boot. It's been fully rotisserie restored by one of the biggest names in Barrett Jackson auto restoration. No expense has been spared.

Now, I have another project and have decided to put the 240 up for sale.

I have a zillion pics of the restoration and fabrication of this car. Just let me know if you want to see something that isn't up on the build thread.

Take care!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
What a beauty! GLWS.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Soniouze is on a distinguished road
I love this car!!! GLWS!!

Old 10-10-2010, 11:00 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
awesome car. glws

Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
My dad had a redone 1972 240Z he sold the week I turned 16. I'm going to send him this link just to make him nauseous.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Interior pics?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Why are you selling this car so quickly?

I followed your build and really surprised.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
JT3 -

Whole truth? Here goes.

1 - My wife and I have the house for sale. We're getting totally out of debt because we are going to go to California to a school/church that will hopefully prepare us for more of a missionary life. (I'm 100% serious. Not a silly joke!) After school, we want to move back to Switzerland or Italy. No reason to have this car sitting here, and it'd be nice to have that cash.

2 - I sold my track car to finish this car. There's so much money wrapped up in the Z that I can't make myself track it. I want a track car. Z's are very important to me. This car is my 14th.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words!

Oh, and as for interior pics, I need to actually get some! The interior of this car is 100% stock and 100% PERFECT. I had to track down every piece and replace it or restore it. This is why this car took nearly 4 years (at 40hrs/wk) to finish.

Here's some that I had on my hard drive.

Oh, and the graph (We got five more later, but here's what I have).

Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 AM
PRS 7 is on a distinguished road
I never log on just to type.. glws, nice, should sell fast.

In your case I did. I had a red 280 many moons ago and to this day I regret selling.

Where is a drool smiley thingamajig? That rascal must be an absoulte blast to drive.

I wish you guys the best of times during your journey.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:10 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
this is hands down the most beautiful 240 I've ever seen in my life and probably will ever see. phenomenal. Looks like it just rolled out of the factory

Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Stunning car, GLWS.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
renesis is on a distinguished road
this car was at EAG the same time my RX8 was, and i can attest to its build quality. this is the baddest 240 i have ever seen, and the price is right. if you but this car, you will not be sorry.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I am going to give you the opportunity to do some missionary work right now: Sell it to me for $50K and we can consider the other $75K a tithe

Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks PRS7, Dragonman and RFFG!

Renesis, I really appreciate your nod of approval. I remember seeing a gray RX8 there with some nice goodies and red vinyl. Is that you? Again, thanks!

Dr_jitsu -

Ha! Thanks for that, but I prayed about it and it didn't go your way. Oh well.

If you have $50k laying around, I'm sure that I can put that AND one of those cars in your sig into the Lord's work!

It's true though. I was actually in Thailand building homes and a school for Burmese refugees during most of the build of this car. I pretty much just gave the shop carte blanche and a blank check to go "over the top". I just would never have imagined that the bill would have been what it turned out to be. This car cannot, absolutely cannot, be replicated for near my asking price... and I started with a nice car in the beginning!

Edit (addition) - I will, however, give you a valid receipt that the extra $75k WAS INDEED used to support my family and I while abroad trying to make the world a bit better! That's for sure. Essentially, the proceeds from this will support us, supplemented by my earnings which will be severely cut due to being 'out of the office'.

Here's the school we'll be going to: http://www.ibethel.org/site/bethel-s...tural-ministry

And then we'll be off to work with this organization: YWAM (Youth With A Mission). Unfortunately, their site is down right now. Odd...

I put these links up there knowing that most of you will think I'm a freak, but... really, who isn't in their own way?

Last edited by blakt out; 10-11-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Not at all my friend....Humans are spiritual beings having a physical experience.

As far as my cars getting me closer to The Lord, my GT2 has tried on several occasions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1972 Datsun 240Z - $125,000