Item Condition:

Wtb: 2001 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Banned
All Boost is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by cjv

Sorry All Boost, I don't visit the For Sale/Wanted forum on a consistent basis. I do believe you are the author of the above three quotes. If not, then I will apologize now. If so, please pay attention. Referencing your second quote (above), you are assuming that I am calling you a liar based on your assumption that I am saying you did not get people to offer their cars to you between the range of 75-80K. Correct?......Wrong again!

No, I am suggesting that you called me a liar based on the following quote of yours:

Originally posted by cjv

I believe people would find you a little more believable if you didn't keep adding conditions as you go along. I believe your first statement about milage, condition, options and history about covers every concievable 996tt. You did give a high and a low range based on your statement. Take all the time you want. This post will be here for a long time. However, if you wait too long we will all call foul as given enough time cars do depreciate. Good luck with your search. We will all be anxiously awaiting.

As you can see, you stated that people would find me "a little more believable" if I "didn't keep adding conditions" as I went along. Both of these statements imply that I was lying and making up stories about the cars that were offered to me in between my price range.

Originally posted by cjv
Now, please go to your first quote. You offer to buy a 2001 996tt for a high of 80K and a low of 75K? Correct? In the same quote you add conditions for your low and high offer to buy. Correct? The conditions are mileage, condition, options and history. Correct?

Now, one person confirms that he takes you up on your offer. The car's "history" is that it was auto crossed. Your low offer, based on your written offer to buy, should have been (on your stated low side because you don't like raced car's or auto crossed cars) 75K.

Sorry, but it sounds like you are changing the conditions of your written offer as you go along. You drew the conclusion I was calling you a liar on an erroneous hypothesis. You would have lost your bet.

What I am saying is you made a high and low offer based on your own written conditions. It appears from my stand point you are altering your written conditions as you go along. I interpeted this to mean, you don't know what you want, don't really say what you want or are not serious. Like I said, good luck with your quest to buy a 996tt and please let us know when it happens and how well you did.
I see... So because I give a price range I'm willing to pay contingent upon certain conditions, that automatically assumes that a car could have been hit, damaged, repainted, then stolen, recovered, road raced for a million miles, and it would qualify for the low end of my price range ($75K)? People give conditions and a price range, but it doesn't mean they're interested in EVERY 2001 996TT that falls within their price range. Simple rules of logic apply here.

Old 02-11-2004, 04:14 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Give it up All Boost!!!!!

Eric

Old 02-11-2004, 08:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by All Boost

I see... So because I give a price range I'm willing to pay contingent upon certain conditions, that automatically assumes that a car could have been hit, damaged, repainted, then stolen, recovered, road raced for a million miles, and it would qualify for the low end of my price range ($75K)? People give conditions and a price range, but it doesn't mean they're interested in EVERY 2001 996TT that falls within their price range. Simple rules of logic apply here. [/B]
All Boost,

I don't believe the two people who contacted you fell into your above catagories:

1) Their cars were NOT involved in an accident.
2) Their cars were NOT damaged.
3) Their cars were NOT road raced for a million miles.
4) Their cars were NOT damaged.
5) Their cars were NOT repainted.
6) Their cars were NOT stolen or recovered.

Am I missing something?

Old 02-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Banned
Man, your argument is getting weaker and weaker by the second! You're ignoring the key issues I've brought up and have desperately sunk to scrutinizing a single example that I gave. *shakes his head* It must suck to be wrong, eh?

Old 02-12-2004, 06:32 AM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
All Boost

I bet you're a fun guy at cocktail parties! LOL

Eric

Old 02-12-2004, 06:43 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Whatever you say All Boost. Please don't forget to let us know when you finally buy your 996tt. We'll be waiting.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Chad, I read your article in Excellence last night. Very impressive car you got there!

Congrats!

Old 02-14-2004, 08:37 AM
cjv
Stryke,

Thanks for your kind words.

Old 02-14-2004, 10:53 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
I see we have been attacked by a vwworld member. Keep it up All Boost, your continued ignorance simply adds to your already stellar credibility. 18 posts strong and already blew his load.

Old 02-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Banned
Attacked by a vwworld member?

Old 02-15-2004, 04:06 PM
jajo is on a distinguished road
OT: If you buy a car through the Manhein auctions, is there still warranty on the car? Also, what are some reasons that these cars are in auctions anyways?

Sorry for going a little offtopic here

Old 02-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Yes, the auction has no effect on the manufacturer's warranty. I bought my car at Manheim as I am a licensed dealer.

Cars end up there for many reasons. Some dealers get trade ins and want a quick sale. Some are off-lease cars that the banks auction off. It's not a public auction. Think of it as a dealer exchange.

Old 02-16-2004, 12:50 PM
sentipede is on a distinguished road
Old 02-16-2004, 07:25 PM
auclutch is on a distinguished road
Not to strike controversy, but what's the big deal here? All he did was solicit offers to buy a car. Seems like a lot you got offended thinking he was trying to low ball people. He raised some figures and proved that these cars do sell for around that price. If you're not selling your car at that price then don't reply to the offer. simple as that. Anyways, i'm probably gonna get dogged for this, but hey that's what forums are for. Either way, this guy is selling his for 81k buy it now. i'm sure if you called him up he'd cut a couple grand off if you have cash in hand.

Here's another 2001 TT

On a side note, I used to get pissed when I realized that my cars were depreciating faster than an ethiopian pie eating contest, but now i've come to the realization that if you wanna drive a nice car you have to suffer the consequences.

Old 02-16-2004, 11:54 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by auclutch
Not to strike controversy, but what's the big deal here? All he did was solicit offers to buy a car. Seems like a lot you got offended thinking he was trying to low ball people. He raised some figures and proved that these cars do sell for around that price. If you're not selling your car at that price then don't reply to the offer. simple as that. Anyways, i'm probably gonna get dogged for this, but hey that's what forums are for. Either way, this guy is selling his for 81k buy it now. i'm sure if you called him up he'd cut a couple grand off if you have cash in hand.

Here's another 2001 TT

On a side note, I used to get pissed when I realized that my cars were depreciating faster than an ethiopian pie eating contest, but now i've come to the realization that if you wanna drive a nice car you have to suffer the consequences.
No flames here. The car you have a link to has 25k miles and is green exterior with brown interior. That is a very tough sell in any market

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wtb: 2001 996tt