Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: '99 Z3 Roadster 2.8 Supercharged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 08:30 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
FS: '99 Z3 Roadster 2.8 Supercharged

Year: 1999
Make: BMW
Model: Z3
Price: $13500
Mileage: 88500
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I still absolutely love this car but I think it's time it goes to a new enthusiast. I don't want or need to sell this car but I have too many vehicles and it won't get driven more than 1-2k mi/year. I only listed it on a few enthusiast sites/forums; I prefer it to go to a good home and not some kid that will trash it in a year.

Anyway, on to the details. Overall, the car is in excellent condition both mechanically and cosmetically. I owned it since Dec 2004 and kept a detailed spreadsheet on everything I ever did to the car. The car is featured in Bimmer magazine nr 111 (Dec 2012 issue). Currently 87.9k mi; might go up a bit since I still drive it occasionally. Details and pics below; I might add some more later.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Not parting out the car and only serious inquiries please

Standard info/features
* Jet Black (Black II) over Beige Oregon Leather;
* 5-speed manual;
* Power everything;
* Business CD radio;
* Heated seats;
* Cruise control.

Engine/performance
* 6psi bolt-on supercharger kit (professionally installed by VF-engineering);
* Power is somewhere between the S52 and S54 M roadster; about 290-300hp crank.
* Stewart waterpump (significant upgrade over OEM);
* Ireland Engineering all aluminum radiator for better cooling;
* VANOS fix;
* Magnaflow 14815 exhaust.

Suspension/handling
* DINAN Strut brace;
* Rogue engineering shock mounts;
* H&R coilovers.

Cosmetic/other
* Umnitza Xenon headlights (OEM headlights included in sale);
* Stone guards;
* Upgraded mesh bumper grill;
* Retro-fitted auxiliary input;
* I had hood and bumper repainted to get rid of rock chips (no accident; full records available);
* ARD wheel studs with anti-theft nuts.

Asking price: $13,500 with stock wheels. Add $2500 for the Work VS-XX wheels and near brand new tires (Hankook Ventus V12).

EDIT Willing to negotiate putting some new tires on the stock wheels when asking price is met. Right now, the stock wheels need new tires. Front probably has 30-40% left but the rears are completely worn. There is some slight curb rash as well (I can take pics of all 4 wheels for you; currently up in the attic).

Recent pic with Work wheels

7/25/12

7/25/12

BMW Magazine sneak peak

Full sunlight exposure showing paint condition

Old photo showing the stock wheels (car is still on stock suspension here)

Interior shot (photo credit Zachary Mayne)

Engine internals when doing the VANOS fix

Last edited by FI_FTW; 10-26-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:26 PM
JETmn is infamous around these partsJETmn is infamous around these parts
Nice looking car, any signs of the trunk pan separating?

Old 08-20-2012, 03:32 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JETmn
Nice looking car, any signs of the trunk pan separating?
Thanks

I always kept an eye on it over the last couple of years and no subframe issues. Unless someone tracks the car or really abuses it, I don't think this car will have the problem.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Sunday bump

Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
very nice z3.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks ! Not too many left in this condition.

Originally Posted by Global Autosports
very nice z3.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
considering the mileage and condition; I think your price is fair. We have sold a few similar cars in the last year with more mileage in the same price range.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks! It's a little over blue book but this car is in many ways in better condition than a stock car would be at that mileage and age. I still love it but I'm running out of garage space.

Originally Posted by Global Autosports
considering the mileage and condition; I think your price is fair. We have sold a few similar cars in the last year with more mileage in the same price range.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Clean Z man, love all the tasteful mods. I use to own a silver one back in the day loved that car to death GLWS

Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks ! I thought the 996TT would make it easier to sell this one. It isn't! Two different cars and both a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by adamls2
Clean Z man, love all the tasteful mods. I use to own a silver one back in the day loved that car to death GLWS

Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Added an interior pic as well. Just moved the Z over to classic car insurance (much cheaper) so the temptation to keep it is growing

I'll just leave it up on the forums for a while and see what happens.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Weekend bump.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:35 PM
To the top.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Good ol' Thu bump.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Just made a few small edits. Car is now in Bimmer magazine nr 111

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: '99 Z3 Roadster 2.8 Supercharged