997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1tt new or used exhaust????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Rebel Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
997.1tt new or used exhaust????

More ?'s sorry guys,
1) If I want to be able to pass smog in Cali, my new exhaust must be catted?
2) what's the difference in cats? I see 100 cell(?) 200 cell?(?) so far.
3) lastly, what are the top three for moderately priced exhausts( should I by a used one?) I'm not racing.
Thx in advance😎

Old 04-06-2017, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi rebel,

Exhaust opinion is very subjective. That said you will hear about a few that are the most popular and why people like them. I will try to answer some of your questions and feel free to reach out anytime for help.

1) Unfortunately with the new rules nothing is technically smog legal in CA that isn't stock on your car. However we all still do it lol! CARB will gladly approve if a manufacturer spends thousands of dollars on a certification but no one does this as it's just CA and quite annoying. Especially because motorsports got most of it's start here! With proper cats you can have a clean burning car.

2) Different cel per inch counts. The fewer the more flow you get. Some 100 cel cats will not do the job on the 997TT but there are sine that will. A lower cel count will also allow more sound to come through.

3) I have my favorites although I work with almost all manufacturers so with a good consult i may be able to help you decide on what will work for you and offer a full guarantee! Hope that helps.

Best,
Sam

Old 04-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Hi Rebel,

Please feel free to contact us to discuss our various exhaust options. We have several sound and performance levels for the 997.1TT with various options of catalytic converters, pipe sizes and tip styles...all having an effect on sound and performance.

Also, there are several 997.1TT exhaust reviews in the testimonials section of our web site (linked below) that you may find helpful.

If you want to speak in person, give us a call and we will be happy to help you better understand and work through our 997.1TT exhaust options.

Good luck in your search!

Best Regards,

John

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=SamboTT@ByDesign;4624547]Hi rebel,

Exhaust opinion is very subjective.

Sam will not steer you wrong. He knows Porsches and the Cal market, and he enjoys an outstanding reputation in this community. I happen to have a Kline exhaust that I purchased from Sam, and I am very happy with it; however as Sam said opinions on exhaust are subjective and many members here can get somewhat emotional about their choices. Once again listen to Sam. He will be glad to explain everything.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:51 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
I'm running EP Stage 1. Love it

Old 04-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Now I'm starting to get it

alright, thank you for the replies. At least now I know what's what. As far as Cats go.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Couldn't resist...

Old 04-07-2017, 07:46 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Have a Kline SS with 200 cell cats from Sam in mine - you seriously cannot go wrong doing the same!

Old 04-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Frizz is on a distinguished road
The best is definitely the Akrapovich with 100Cels. Second I would name Europipe, also 100Cels. However, when using 100 cels the CEL light will go on and you need to change the motor management, if your still running stock software. Best thing is to change exhaust and software same time. This should result in +50HP (depends on gasoline).

Old 04-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Done Deal

After speaking with SamboTT today. I pulled the trigger on a Kline system and a Cobb. Thanx to all of you who replied. Now I just have to figure out how to close the thread😬

Old 04-11-2017, 06:01 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rebel Lee
After speaking with SamboTT today. I pulled the trigger on a Kline system and a Cobb. Thanx to all of you who replied. Now I just have to figure out how to close the thread😬
Good choices. You cannot go wrong with Sam Kline and Cobb. You will be amazed at the increase in performance.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:51 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Yep, the Kline has a very clean sound.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rebel Lee
Great choice. Sam is my go to guy for my upgrades as well. I also did Kline and Cobb and really woke up the car. I'm looking into intercoolers as well Since Sam also does Cobb protuning to maximize performance.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Thx SamboTT

Stage One has arrived! Thx SAMBOTT@bydesign

Last edited by Rebel Lee; 04-17-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Need pic
Old 04-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Cheers pal! Now we can play till your exhaust gets there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.