Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 PM
MayorMcCheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayenne S

Whats up everyone!

So i've had my 12' Cayenne S for almost 2 months now and so far it's been pretty sweet I have to say.. Today I logged a 136 mph speed on the odometer (undisclosed location) and logged about 4 thousand miles in these 2 months (66k mi)

Cayenne is very nice it's confident in everything - and if it isn't then you forget it's a 4x4 lol. I expected "comfort" mode to be a little more plush but I guess for 2012 it ranked well with rivals.. either way i'm happy. I have done a few mods already which I have more to come but it is only 2 months lol.

So far - LED everything, red tint/tint windows, GTS smoked tail lights and 4 new dws06 tires.

Mod List - Turbo quad muffler tips, Yellow calipers, woodgrain steering wheel, fabspeed downpipe being the priority mods right now

fill ups are consistent $70 Shell v power

Do not likes -
I hate that to unlock doors has to be under navi and not in the door sills (can i diy that?), Bose stereo doesn't have as much "volume" as my RL Aspec had and it was a 05' lol, Navigation for me sucks, i always use my iphone but i have been trying to use only the PCM and it's easy to operate i play with mine all the time but the navigation screen tends to be slow or up to speed as were my exact location is.. I will make a turn be 200yds gone before the main screen updates to my current spot.

This cayenne is great and for now I trust its reliability (for now)....136mph but i've thrown it around a bit too and everything feels solid .. although transfer case is always something i look out for which I just changed the fluid last week

Tonight I am relaxing in my wonderful man cave lol and I figured id throw up a post.

I'll throw some pictures up of past cars up and my mods on them. im also gonna use this thread as my go to thread so instead of making multiple threads of different topics unless I need to i'll chatter thru here.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_14a0.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	511325   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_14a1.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	511326   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1475.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	511327   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_149e.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	511329   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1492.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	511330  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1471.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	511332   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_14a4.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	511333   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1407.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	511334   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_148f.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	511335  

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 08-22-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Seeing as how no one thought to say Kudos lol I did a couple more mods today.

I added the LED side markers to the Cayenne which by accident on passenger side I snapped the one wire so I will have a replacement.

I added the chrome quad tip mufflers today which I think look great however I do need to raise both of them a tiny bit and i need to center the passenger muffler a little better.

all I have left to do which I am in no rush is add the 20" black wheels and paint the calipers yellow all around and add the Fabspeed bypass pipes which I am not rushing unless I get a good price.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_153d.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	512066   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1544.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	512067   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1517.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	512069   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_150e.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	512071  

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 02-15-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:52 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Nice Job! Clear markers look great.

One recommendation, clean the exhaust belly with some fine steel wool and Nevr-dull. I think this is the most neglected visible part on the Cayenne.

Name:	Exhaust.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	512084  
Old 09-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Glad to hear you're enjoying your 958! I like the tasteful mods.

Post up some videos once you get the Secondary Catbypass Pipes installed! Easy way to pick up extra power and add a nice rumble

Old 09-07-2017, 05:27 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1
Nice Job! Clear markers look great.

One recommendation, clean the exhaust belly with some fine steel wool and Nevr-dull. I think this is the most neglected visible part on the Cayenne.
Since the belly is aluminum, some aluminum polish could make it SHINE..!!

Also noticed his rear suspension aluminum bits have some corrosion on them.. a bit of work with a wire brush might clean them right up..

And I hope he cleaned the headlight recesses in the fender while the lights were out (did I mention I'm somewhat OCD?..)

Old 09-07-2017, 11:41 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Since the belly is aluminum, some aluminum polish could make it SHINE..!!

Also noticed his rear suspension aluminum bits have some corrosion on them.. a bit of work with a wire brush might clean them right up..

And I hope he cleaned the headlight recesses in the fender while the lights were out (did I mention I'm somewhat OCD?..)
Thanks, Deilenberger. I tried using just polish on the exhaust housing with no luck. My situation may have been worse than most. I also tried an aggressive rubbing compound which would require too much effort and repolishing.

Fine steel wool followed by Nevr-dull worked great. You could use the wool followed by an aluminum polish if desired.

Yes, the control arms bolt mounts need attention but, does the OP have a driver side exhaust leak that needs to be addressed? Appears to be oil by the photo.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Glad to hear you're enjoying your 958! I like the tasteful mods.

Post up some videos once you get the Secondary Catbypass Pipes installed! Easy way to pick up extra power and add a nice rumble
Love this Mod.!

Old 09-08-2017, 11:28 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1
Thanks, Deilenberger. I tried using just polish on the exhaust housing with no luck. My situation may have been worse than most. I also tried an aggressive rubbing compound which would require too much effort and repolishing.

Fine steel wool followed by Nevr-dull worked great. You could use the wool followed by an aluminum polish if desired.

Yes, the control arms bolt mounts need attention but, does the OP have a driver side exhaust leak that needs to be addressed? Appears to be oil by the photo.
I used 400 grit aloxite foam sanding blocks, worked fine, left a brushed finish.

I think the oil is probably residuals from his changing the exhaust tips..

Old 09-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Got a new toy on the way - I went ahead and purchased the quad hid headlights. They have just recently hit the market and to my knowledge I don't believe anyone has swapped over to these but I think these will be my favorite mod

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know which wires to tap into? my side markers are good but besides ground and assuming red to red.. the yellow is my question.
Ill post more pics soon.

Attached Images   
Old 10-04-2017, 03:42 PM
dkats00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Car looks great! Nice mods. I have the same year/model/color! You should also think about swapping out the silver rear door molding for black.

Did you get the headlights installed? I am thinking of these also.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by dkats00
Car looks great! Nice mods. I have the same year/model/color! You should also think about swapping out the silver rear door molding for black.

Did you get the headlights installed? I am thinking of these also.
Thanks!

I in fact did already swap the rear molding for black which I prefer so much more.. I did install these headlights which were a little difficult with no instructions but in the end I figured it out.

Ill post a couple new pics.

Installing Fabspeed Bypass Pipes on Monday cannot wait! I have nearly completed everything i've wanted to do to this CS all left is just 21" Black Turbo Wheels off eBay wrapped in whatever Michelin offers for summer tires only on these trucks thatll be in the spring of 18'

Name:	fullsizeoutput_98f.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	514022   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_985.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	514023   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_983.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	514024  
Old 10-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Thanks!

I in fact did already swap the rear molding for black which I prefer so much more.. I did install these headlights which were a little difficult with no instructions but in the end I figured it out.

Ill post a couple new pics.

Installing Fabspeed Bypass Pipes on Monday cannot wait! I have nearly completed everything i've wanted to do to this CS all left is just 21" Black Turbo Wheels off eBay wrapped in whatever Michelin offers for summer tires only on these trucks thatll be in the spring of 18'
Those lights looks great. In fact, you prompted me to order them also! Did you wire the LEDs in with the parking lights? Or do they come on with the daytime running lights?

Old 10-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by dkats00
Those lights looks great. In fact, you prompted me to order them also! Did you wire the LEDs in with the parking lights? Or do they come on with the daytime running lights?
lucky for you I snapped a picture - on the passenger side I forget which color i tapped into I believe green/black. Ground I just added a bolt to a open hole under the headlight

Also got around today and installed my Fabspeed bypass pipe it sounds so great has such a nice rumble

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 02-15-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
lucky for you I snapped a picture - on the passenger side I forget which color i tapped into I believe green/black. Ground I just added a bolt to a open hole under the headlight

Also got around today and installed my Fabspeed bypass pipe it sounds so great has such a nice rumble
Glad to hear! Every Cayenne needs a set

Old 10-11-2017, 07:43 AM

My headlights arrived today. Thanks for the pic! Do the LEDs turn on with the daytime running lights or the parking lights?

I also have the Fabspeed bypass pipe and love the sound!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne S