997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

vs Tesla P100D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:10 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
vs Tesla P100D

For my 997.2 PDK peeps. Don't let that 0-60 in 2.28 seconds scare you. Just need some bolt ons and R888 tires. My 991 doesn't launch as hard as my old 997.2, but still did this against the Tesla Model S P100D:

Old 04-19-2018, 11:16 PM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
congrats!very fast car.
what do you expect vs the mclaren 720s?

Old 04-20-2018, 11:17 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dynamic gt2
congrats!very fast car.
what do you expect vs the mclaren 720s?
Well unfortunately he declined to race me at shift sector. But it was obvious as to the outcome based on how hard my car was launching compared to the 720.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	524514   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo625.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	524515  
Old 04-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
The Mac has a Dyno Spectrum tune now. Can't wait to see what she does. In the middle east EKanoo did 9.5 @147mph with Mitch's tune! You should run him to see the difference. What a car tuned up!

Old 04-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
The Mac has a Dyno Spectrum tune now. Can't wait to see what she does. In the middle east EKanoo did 9.5 @147mph with Mitch's tune! You should run him to see the difference. What a car tuned up!
Well if I run it this time, there can't be a "difference" video to show the 720S improvement since my requests to run before were denied. That said, I really hope that I will be allowed to run. Unfortunately, people are being told by shops/tuners not to run me anymore.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
The trap speeds are quite useful. Definitely fun running head to head but different people do These events for different reasons you know? Trying to get trapped speed as a measure for their performance package.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
The trap speeds are quite useful. Definitely fun running head to head but different people do These events for different reasons you know? Trying to get trapped speed as a measure for their performance package.
That's a good point. Well now I'm motivated Sam. Gonna remove my floor mats, loose change, cleaning supplies, and anything else not bolted down to the car for next weekend's shift sector event. Maybe I can shave 2-3 pounds. That should get my traps up!

Hope to see u out there.

Last edited by longboarder; 04-20-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:11 PM
Former Vendor
Hey to each their own! It’s becoming more competitive out there. My goal is to continue pushing on with more and more fast and reliable full weight cars. Still shooting for the records but that’s not for everyone.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Jesus Christ! Same end result i expected, i just didn't expect you to reel him in immediately. Good job Longboarder

Old 04-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
Yes back to topic…For that thing to of gotten out and be unleashing that kind of torque Adam reeled him in quick!

Old 04-21-2018, 04:29 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
amazing performance from both cars, but I agree - Adam's car kicks butt!!!! The way it pulled away was shocking!!!

Old 04-21-2018, 08:35 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
You dismantled that Tesla!

Old 04-23-2018, 12:24 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Nice run Adam as usual, i had to miss No fly but looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend at Shift sector ,i love some good friendly competition but when it gets unfriendly it's no fun ,so the fact that there's $30k in prizes for the 1st time ,I'm guessing it's gonna be more competitive than ever & hopefully a fun & safe weekend for all ,hope to see all the usual suspects there & with the cash prizes maybe some new ones haha .

Last edited by twturbo; 04-23-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by twturbo
Nice run Adam as usual, i had to miss No fly but looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend at Shift sector ,i love some good friendly competition but when it gets unfriendly it's no fun ,so the fact that there's $30k in prizes for the 1st time ,I'm guessing it's gonna be more competitive than ever & hopefully a fun & safe weekend for all ,hope to see all the usual suspects there & with the cash prizes maybe some new ones haha .
Hey what's up brother. You didn't miss much at NoFly due to the rain. This run here was my second of the day and it was sprinkling at the end of the race and was raining for my third run and well that was the end of day for me.

Shift sector should be good to just watch. I don't have any new mods and not running the competition so just gonna chill. See u soon.