Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

1st of many mistakes ahead...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 05:57 PM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
1st of many mistakes ahead...

Got too excited with my "new" car and purchased an OEM Carbon fiber lip from a seller. Its for a v12 model...the problem is that ive got a v8....

I guess i couldve looked up the part number first...or tken more than a quick glance at it

Lesson learned!!!

Old 05-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
What year is the front lip for? I am looking for one for my 2011V8V S. It is the same as the V12

Old 05-06-2019, 07:50 AM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
yes, its the one that fits the 2011+ and VV12. Ill get a picture posted later today when i get home

Old 05-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Beautiful car! I may be buying if you are selling. Where are you located?

Den

Old 05-07-2019, 03:22 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I'd buy it also.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
A weird thing happened to my carbon fiber splitter

A really weird thing happened to my carbon lip this weekend as you can see by the picture below. I've had four Vantages with the new style carbon lip - a 2015 GT and three V12S's... This is my one week old 300 mile on the odometer 2017 V12S. As usual, when I pull out of the narrow driveway, I often scrape slightly against the lip - this was to be my first Vantage I'd invest in scrape armor (scheduled for the 17th). Saturday morning I went to Cars & Coffee in Minneapolis and my son noticed that the bolt that holds the lip on punched through the top (see pict). Let me tell you, I've hit my lip a whole lot harder in the past on curbs with no visible damage - a lot harder - this was a light scrape. The Aston dealer said they never saw this before on any of the many they sold. When I take it in, I'll bet someone put a bolt too long at the factory (my thought), so it may be a warranty fix, or out of my pocket as a repair. Not sure yet... pretty odd. Anyone else ever had that problem?

Old 05-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Yep same on mine. Think I did it when I drove slowly over a driveway crossing. Small star shaped crazing of the carbon and clear coat. Let me know how the repair goes as I am replacing mine and want to get it repaired and sell the original. My car is a '17 also - maybe they changed the way they embed the fixing in the carbon or as you said overtightened it

graeme

Old 05-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Wow another 2017 V12S same problem - I'm creating a separate post

Old 05-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Ill get a photo for it

Graeme

Old 05-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Hello Paperboy,

Any decisions on whether you are selling the V12 front splitter?

Thanks

Old 05-15-2019, 09:55 AM
yes...its not brand new but it is the factory unit. ill post pictures shortly

Old 05-15-2019, 04:47 PM
lip #1

lip #2

Old 05-16-2019, 10:40 AM
In the bottom pic, is that little spot damage on the edge?

How much did you want for it and where are you located?

Thanks,

Den

Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Im up in Washington state.
yes, they are used and has damage spot on one and i think 2 spots on the other.
Let me take some up close pics when i get home in a few. These (posted) just happened to be on my cellphone

I want u to see them before making an offer. im not looking to get rich off of them...would be nice to see them in use

Old 05-20-2019, 11:19 AM
Hi PB, Can you just tell me how much you want for the lip? Hard to tell with one pic of each, but is the top one in better condition?

Thank you,

Denny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st of many mistakes ahead...