Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Suspension leak? The rear drops when parked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 07:15 AM
hq_
hq_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension leak? The rear drops when parked

It seems like this is happening to me too. I haven't noticed anything previously but now when I went on a week-long atlantic cruise and came back, I noticed that the rear is down by two inches after the car hasn't been driven for a while. This is both sides, not just one corner.

I tried searching for detailed explanations and descriptions but didn't come up with anything specific. So, how worried should i be and what's the prognosis for this getting worse? I've budgeted new airbags and maybe even complete shocks so this isn't a major issue but I'm interested to hear what I'll be looking for, time-wise. I assume they won't be giving up completely during next few weeks but I much rather have a set of shocks (valves, pump, whatnot) at hand before this gets much worse.

Thanks.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:50 PM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
one corner may have leak, so the level sensor of the other (working) will send signal to dump to level with the one with leak.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:08 PM
hq_
hq_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the tip. I haven't bothered to investigate yet or even plugged in VCDS to see if there's an error code stored. It has seemed to hold up for now, no obvious signs of ride height change during 9...12h it's been parked overnight.

I changed from winter to summer tires yesterday and took a good look at the bellows and hoses while I was at it, but there was nothing obvious that might be wrong. I'll keep an eye on this. Ordering spare parts I don't necessarily need anytime soon is not tempting, especially if something else is about to fail and they won't be needed.