Political sub forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:01 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Political sub forum?

any thought to a political sub forum? c

Old 09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
can this please happen? Off-topic is out of control

Old 09-02-2008, 03:40 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
I have no problem with the idea.

CW

Old 09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Jeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the rough
Not gonna happen. Nobody is forcing anyone to click on a thread. I honestly dont understand why people (not just you HRG) want all the busy topics out of OT. Isn't that a good thing to be busy in there?? I'm just sayin...

Old 09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
it's one thing to have busy topics, which I love. It's another thing to basically have the same topic spouted over and over again.

It's also annoying having guys spout "you must be chicken**** because you are a liberal" "you must be a **** sucker because you are a conservative"

Old 09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Jeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
it's one thing to have busy topics, which I love. It's another thing to basically have the same topic spouted over and over again.

It's also annoying having guys spout "you must be chicken**** because you are a liberal" "you must be a **** sucker because you are a conservative"
I think that all the threads, while currently focusing on the candidates, do typically have different points and combining them all (as some have suggested) would be a disaster.

I totally agree that the threads sinking down to a bunch of insults is annoying and I usually stop posting in any threads that do that, even if there are valid discussions going on in the same thread. It used to be that you could have a serious discussion without it going down to that level, but not so much anymore.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I also thinking combining all the threads into one would be a disaster. Controlit does a good job, but he is only one man. There needs to be some serious moderation otherwise this forum will lose all it's members (Seen it a million times, moderated many forums....)

Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I am thinking I might need help but we will see how it goes. bear with it as this is the season..also, frankly these threads are better in many ways than some of the lameness we have seen lately.

The political threads attract some of the best posters..and some of the worst.

Can't of course put them in one thread and at this point I am not in favor of yet another sub forum..In fact, I think there are too many as it is..

Old 09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
I also thinking combining all the threads into one would be a disaster. Controlit does a good job, but he is only one man. There needs to be some serious moderation otherwise this forum will lose all it's members (Seen it a million times, moderated many forums....)
There are a couple of active members who have been warned more than once..and won't be warned again if they continue to bring this place down.

Report any posts you feel need to be looked at.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
politics is such a hot potato and although most folks seem the behave and debate the ones that turn into name calling shenanigans need to be watched and we do warn people to cut out the nonsense stuff Opinions are fine but when it turns to name calling, racism etc... down comes the hammer.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:07 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Control It
I am thinking I might need help but we will see how it goes. bear with it as this is the season..also, frankly these threads are better in many ways than some of the lameness we have seen lately.

The political threads attract some of the best posters..and some of the worst.

Can't of course put them in one thread and at this point I am not in favor of yet another sub forum..In fact, I think there are too many as it is..

How about just banning all political threads?? Lock down every one. Problem solved.....LOL.......

Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Control It
There are a couple of active members who have been warned more than once..and won't be warned again if they continue to bring this place down.

Report any posts you feel need to be looked at.
I'm glad you're giving warnings. Some of it's getting uncivil.

CW

Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
I just stay out of off-topic because most of the political threads make me sick. I for one would love a political sub-forum so I could once again go through some of the off-topic threads I do want to participate in.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:10 AM
lrdunc has a spectacular aura aboutlrdunc has a spectacular aura aboutlrdunc has a spectacular aura about

Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by kem
I just stay out of off-topic because most of the political threads make me sick. I for one would love a political sub-forum so I could once again go through some of the off-topic threads I do want to participate in.
you can just ignore the political threads..The traffic in OT is lighter than it used to be, if it increases (in quality and quantity), I can see the need for a sub forum but right now I think it dilutes the site.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Political sub forum?