Seeking body/paint shop recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Boxzing is infamous around these parts
Seeking body/paint shop recommendation

Hey guys, my wife scratched her Boxster and I am seeking a good body shop who does good work and can color match well. It is a long but shallow scratch along the rear fender. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks, Todd

Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
I've been using Rainbow AutoBody in Santa Ana for 10+ years....mabye 5 cars? And recomended them to many people.....perfect work and great prices......ask for Eric and tell him Chris with the red porsche sent you...

Old 04-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Turbochris
I've been using Rainbow AutoBody in Santa Ana for 10+ years....mabye 5 cars? And recomended them to many people.....perfect work and great prices......ask for Eric and tell him Chris with the red porsche sent you...
Thanks Chris. To confrim, is Rainbow located at 309 N Harbor Blvd.?

Guys, any other recommendations? (I'd like to get a couple of estimates.)

Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
No that's their old location....they are now about .5 mile from there....off 17th street near harbor....13961 Enterprise...phone is 714-554-2931 at least I would use him to quote as his prices are pretty good...you can go anywhere you want...but use his price as a baseline......

Old 04-17-2008, 11:26 AM
uberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond repute
Late last year my carrera got whacked in a parking lot...
someone here recommended Bells Auto (on the backside of John Wayne Airport)
http://www.bells-auto.com/

factory ferrari/maserati authorized repair.. only one on the west coast, or so says their website.

I was very happy with the quality of work, and their attitude.
I went in for that minor body/paint work, they fixed it perfect... paint was perfect. no one could tell where the problem was.
Also I had a leak in my sunroof, and beige interior headliner on that car... so had nasty water stains on headliner... I guess Ralph Bell did not like a car leaving imperfect, they somehow scrubbed out the waterstain on my headliner... no charge.

Oh, they also gave my wheels the best cleaning they ever got under my watch.

Last edited by uberpoop; 04-17-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by uberpoop
Late last year my carrera got whacked in a parking lot...
someone here recommended Bells Auto (on the backside of John Wayne Airport)
http://www.bells-auto.com/

factory ferrari/maserati authorized repair.. only one on the west coast, or so says their website.

I was very happy with the quality of work, and their attitude.
I went in for that minor body/paint work, they fixed it perfect... paint was perfect. no one could tell where the problem was.
Also I had a leak in my sunroof, and beige interior headliner on that car... so had nasty water stains on headliner... I guess Ralph Bell did not like a car leaving imperfect, they somehow scrubbed out the waterstain on my headliner... no charge.

Oh, they also gave my wheels the best cleaning they ever got under my watch.

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
silversurfer22 is infamous around these parts
I've taken my car to MOB works in Orange.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:02 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Reviving this old thread. Any other recs for a good paint shop? Are the above ones still good? TIA.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Hey Ed.. My wife's brother-in-law uses Premier Motorsports in Carson for his Ferrari. His cars always come out looking great, so I assume their work is pretty good. Their number is 310-762-9900.

Good Luck!

Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sc170
Hey Ed.. My wife's brother-in-law uses Premier Motorsports in Carson for his Ferrari. His cars always come out looking great, so I assume their work is pretty good. Their number is 310-762-9900.

Good Luck!
Thanks Sam. I'll keep that on the list of places to call next week.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bonehead
Reviving this old thread. Any other recs for a good paint shop? Are the above ones still good? TIA.

When i lived in Los Angeles. I used Rich and Famous Body Shop in Van Nuys. I found them through yelp. I used them on my Cayman S and my 335i and a few of my friends cars. They are flawless. I am sad that they are so far away from me now that I moved to OC. I just picked up a new M3 that needs a panel repainted due to a scratch and im gonna try out Carsmetics in Irvine.

Definitely recommend Rich and Famous. Owner is Sid.

Last edited by biggynuts01; 02-13-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by biggynuts01
When i lived in Los Angeles. I used Rich and Famous Body Shop in Van Nuys. I found them threw yelp. I used them on my Caymans and my M3 and a few of my friends cars. They are flawless. I am sad that they are so far away from me now that I moved to OC. I just picked up a new M3 that needs a panel repainted due to a scratch and im gonna try out Carsmetics in Irvine.

Definitely recommend Rich and Famous. Owner is Sid.
Van Nuys would definitely be too far. Carsmetics is very close to me, so I may check that place out. How did you hear about them?

I've heard good things about Tri-Star Auto in Huntington Beach. If I can find time, I'll probably get a quote from them too.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:23 AM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
I yelped Carsmetics. Then i dug up some reviews on other forums that have used Carsmetics. They seem to do really good work. I drove by the shop this weekend to talk to Joe and he was very nice and seemed to know what he was talking about. Their facility looks nice. If you would like, you can wait until i get my work done. I will be the guinea pig. My car is going in tomorrow after work and will be done by thursday morning. I will post pictures.

Van Nuys would definitely be too far. Carsmetics is very close to me, so I may check that place out. How did you hear about them?

I've heard good things about Tri-Star Auto in Huntington Beach. If I can find time, I'll probably get a quote from them too.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by biggynuts01
I yelped Carsmetics. Then i dug up some reviews on other forums that have used Carsmetics. They seem to do really good work. I drove by the shop this weekend to talk to Joe and he was very nice and seemed to know what he was talking about. Their facility looks nice. If you would like, you can wait until i get my work done. I will be the guinea pig. My car is going in tomorrow after work and will be done by thursday morning. I will post pictures.
Great! Thanks. Would you mind PM'ing me what they're charging for a respray of a panel?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Great! Thanks. Would you mind PM'ing me what they're charging for a respray of a panel?
Just picked up my car and I love the work they do.

Before

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seeking body/paint shop recommendation