Car needs for San Diego visitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Weekend morning drives

Thanks for the input. I have tried Black Forest (Auto & Detailing) and Pioneer Porsche and they both do a good job detailing and keeping my TT running smoothly.

I'd like to take some early morning (6am) weekend 2- lane highway or canyon drives about 2-3 hours max as I have to be at work by noon. I'm in San Diego by Balboa park - any ideas? I've heard the drive to Julian is fun and not too long. How are the State Troopers at this time of the day? Are there any wild animals on the roads at this time of day (there are lots of deer on the roads - ouch - in the early sunrise and sunset in Canada).

Thanks guys.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 PM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kafka997
I'd like to take some early morning (6am) weekend 2- lane highway or canyon drives about 2-3 hours max as I have to be at work by noon. I'm in San Diego by Balboa park - any ideas? I've heard the drive to Julian is fun and not too long. How are the State Troopers at this time of the day? Are there any wild animals on the roads at this time of day (there are lots of deer on the roads - ouch - in the early sunrise and sunset in Canada).
Not only is this California, this is San Diego, so if you like to take those kind of drives (I do) I suggest coast drives. Head on I8 west all the way to the end, make a right turn and work your way to Mission Beach - from there hug the coast as far as you can... through Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, into Bird Rock, through La Jolla, Del Mar, Solana Beach and so on... Great early morning drive - the only thing out at that time except for the seagulls are the surfers and SCUBA divers... Tough to get going fast, but switch your mind and car into "cruise" mode and enjoy the sights.

Rudy

Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dxd
Great detailer off of Miramar Road http://www.detailworks.com/ Very professional and do a great job. .

I've used them all (Including Black Forest) and IMO Detail Works (Steve) is hands down the best. The only issue is they're not mobile.