Car needs for San Diego visitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Car needs for San Diego visitor

I'm moving to San Diego for about 6 months in a few weeks. I've rented a place in a neighbourhood called "Hillcrest" (92103) which I believe is centrally located and near where I'll be working.

I have made contact with a Porsche dealer for regular maintenance for my 997TT. What I would really like is some good advice for a reputable detailing shop and an excellent car wash. When you're new in town these can be hard to find (especially the car wash!).
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.
K.

Last edited by Kafka997; 04-12-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Black Forest has a mobile detailing unit that is the best. Also, there are numerous brushless car washes in the area.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks

Thanks Ken.

I've had a few bad experiences "trying out" car washes (you did what to my rims?!) and detailers when I'm away from home so this info is very helpful. That's very cool that they will come to you to clean your car! Prices seem reasonable as well. I will try them out for sure.
K.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
I suggest you go on the Autopia.org forums, you can find some very very very impressive detailers on there that'll come to you.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 AM
In the works

It's very different coming from Canada to have so many high quality and recommended portable detailers. I'm sharing a condo and trying to arrange water access (hose) for them (condo rules and more condo rules) before I can go this route.
I've heard Black Forest Detailers are good - but they all need a hose.
K.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Law Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of lightLaw Jolla is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Kafka997
It's very different coming from Canada to have so many high quality and recommended portable detailers. I'm sharing a condo and trying to arrange water access (hose) for them (condo rules and more condo rules) before I can go this route.
I've heard Black Forest Detailers are good - but they all need a hose.
K.
For a quick do it yourself, there is an outstanding laser wash mashine by you at I-5 and Washington. I think it's a Mobil station or a Chevron. The laser rack does not require you to drive over anything and is completely touchless. I used to bring my NSX there. Get a few microfiber clothes and some quick mist, and you'll have a perfectly clean car in 15 minutes.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:56 PM
JHH127 has a spectacular aura aboutJHH127 has a spectacular aura about
I would suggest Chapparone Auto Body off Balboa - Talk to Mark Jr. They have a great car wash/detailing setup there.

If you need anything else, hit up tagmotorsports.com - They have always been good to me.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:56 AM
mwscircle is infamous around these parts
I'm moving to San Diego for about 6 months in a few weeks. I've rented a place in a neighbourhood called "Hillcrest" (92103) which I believe is centrally located and near where I'll be working.

I have made contact with a Porsche dealer for regular maintenance for my 997TT. What I would really like is some good advice for a reputable detailing shop and an excellent car wash. When you're new in town these can be hard to find (especially the car wash!).
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.
K.

Black forest ++ pm me I can give you more info

Old 05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
mwscircle is infamous around these parts
bruce pm me your phone number.. I have less than 15 post... therefore I cannot send you a pm yet

Old 05-23-2009, 06:44 PM
dxd
dxd is infamous around these parts

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.
K.
Great detailer off of Miramar Road http://www.detailworks.com/ Very professional and do a great job. Hillcrest has a ton of great spots to go to. in fact my wife and myself are going to a great place named Cafe' Bleu. You should check it out when in town.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 PM
alan berry is infamous around these parts
Clean and detail the car yourself and you'll save a fortune in damage. Just pack the basics for cleaning and spend a pleasant hour each Saturday AM (it's always sunny here) with a good cup of Joe.

You'll find it's mostly inexperienced illegals who will ultimately end up working on your car no matter where you take it in SoCal. That means when the rag falls on the ground it will be picked up, lightly shaken and then will be used to wipe down your hood or bodyside. I've seen it too many times. Irrepairable damage.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:01 AM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
^ +911

Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned
Envious Eric is infamous around these parts
still need someone reputable???? or if anyone else does, hit up RYAN from magic mobile detailing

tell him Eric with Envious Detailing sent you! He will take care of your car for you!!!
858 945 0372

Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 AM
alan berry is infamous around these parts
I've had my car "taken care of" in the past and no thanks. Even when it goes in for service I specifically request nobody cleans my car. You cannot keep the condition of your car nice unless you carefully detail it yourself. Nobody cares about it like you do.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:39 AM
xoutofstepx is infamous around these parts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car needs for San Diego visitor