Great independent Porsche shop in Riverside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:05 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
Great independent Porsche shop in Riverside

I usually take my car to Vision Motorsports in OC, that was until the owner Dwain pointed out that while he appreciates the business, if I just need simple maintenance work done, there is actually a good independent shop in Riverside, where I live.

Earlier today, I decided to drop by Precision Motions in Riverside for an oil/filter change and check out the place. Spacious service area with diverse collection of Porsches there getting work done (911s, 928s, 968s, Boxsters, etc.).

Quoted $144 for the oil change, I thought a very reasonable sum.

All the technicians as well as the owner of the place are extremely friendly. While my Turbo was on the lift, they allowed me to go under it to do a quick adjustment to my coilover damper setting. I thought I'd mention this as many shops would never even let the customer near the service area, let along get under the car due to insurance restrictions.

The oil/filter change was performed promptly. Afterwards, the technician visually inspected other areas of the car and informed me that 1) my front brake pads are wearing down and 2) one of my running light is out.

They could order the bulb for me from the dealer (I'll pay whatever they pay) and put it in for me for free.

Overall, a very positive experience. Thought I do a quick review and let others SoCal owners know that besides shops in OC and LA, there is also a good option for those living in Inland Empire.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
shifterkartracr is on a distinguished road
Thank you very much for the info. Do you have their address/ phone number?

Old 02-12-2011, 02:02 PM
150shot is on a distinguished road
Rudy-
thanks for posting this! I've been looking for a decent shop in the area ( I work around the city) and this sounds perfect to get the car worked on while at work

I'm definitely in for an oil change at that price coming up in March. If you dont mind giving them a call before hand as a courtesy, I'll let you know..$150ish cant be beat.

On another note- I've seen you car at LA fitness in the middle of the day on weekdays- my car is the Black C4S just havent driven it there and also been going to the new one. Props to you parking your car in the middle of everyone else LOL, I couldnt do it!! I'm usually in a hurry but maybe I'll find you getting in or leaving one day.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:41 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
shifterkartrace, here is the address and phone number of Precision Motion:

2805 Chicago Ave.
Riverside, CA 92507
(951) 784-0425

150shot,
Small world. I've seen your car there a number of times. I am the skinnyfat Asian guy who is desperately trying to get back into shape (I blame it on my workout buddy moving out of town, LOL). Come say hi next time you see me there.

I gave up trying to find an isolated parking spot. Even if there is no cars around when I parked, I would always come back to see my car sandwiched between two lifted F150s.

As for Precision Motion, while chatting with the owner, he told me that if the work takes longer than an hour, he can always drive me to work/where ever I needed to be. So it's definitely something you can arrange with them. I am going back there next Monday to have a light bulb replaced. I'll tell them to look out for you.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:23 PM
shifterkartracr is on a distinguished road
awesome!!!

Thank you very much sir!

Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
dos531 has a spectacular aura aboutdos531 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for this heads up. I just purchased my 996tt and I was looking for a local place to take it besides walters...

Old 03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll be going here in the this March for an oil change and will put feedback in this therad..

Rudy- any quick idea if they are open Sat? thanks

Old 03-03-2011, 07:23 PM
150shot - according to their webpage (http://www.pmporsche.com), they are only open Monday - Friday.

BTW, did you use to have a 3rd gen RX-7? I am looking at the NSX in your avatar and it kinda reminds me of one owned by this guy I used to know that had a RX-7.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks Rudy- will take it down by April...

LOL yes! I had a 3rd gen RX7, blew the motor twice ! haha...my old NSX was a sorta one of a kind so most owners knew it maybe we are destined lol...i almost had the same line of cars as you but went AMG vs M ...shoot me a PM or email!!

Old 03-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Kevganzon is on a distinguished road
Thanks! it beats having to drive over an hour in traffic on the 6spd

Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
trisgale is on a distinguished road
Precision Motion is my shop of choice as well. These guys have been around for awhile. They just did my clutch, service was quick and showed me the parts they replaced. Great guys there.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Kevganzon is on a distinguished road
Do they do alignment?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:50 AM
trisgale is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kevganzon
Do they do alignment?
No they don't, I asked when I wanted my coilovers installed and they said they sourced it out to an alignment shop in riverside not sure who.

I ended up getting my coilovers installed, aligned and corner balanced at Johnson's alignment in torrance.