Audubon driving with yall!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:05 PM
VinnieVEX will become famous soon enough
Audubon driving with yall!!!

Well its about that time again!!!!
Lets get the cars out for another drive through what we in Louisiana call the country, haha.
After dinner with some good friends it was decided to set up a drive. The date will be Saturday Sept. 3rd.
Our route master "for this event" has inspired us to take a drive to see the newly built bridge connecting New roads to .......whatever is on the other side of the Mississippi Some "creditable" internet sources have said this is the longest cable-stayed span in the Western Hemisphere.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ja...sissippi_River) (now you get the title of this post, hehe)
Im sure we wont be visiting the gift shop but honestly would make for some great photos. Ill be bringing my SLR....(not the Mercedez) Nikkon
Any photographers out there would be awesome.
This event is gonna be kind-of up in the air. We have always talked about the roads in Zachary and St. Francisville. Im hoping in the next week or so a deff route would be planned. Just need some suggestions on whats out there from our fellow forum members. Ill be taking an expeditionary mission this weekend with a few others to scope out some roads and visit some restaurants who may accommodate us. Please chime in with some ideas if you have them!!!! And if you do please be specific on where these roads are. Addresses and landmarks are great. Ill try and link up to my very sophisticated satellite network (google earth) via ipad and do a log. Again, more info to come as far as, meeting area- time-lunch, things like that. The actual route will not be given until we meet that day!!!!
Ideas for that also helpful as we are "going rogue" from our usual meets.
Please PM me or just post an RSVP as I would like to get a count for lunch.
GlockGuru......were calling you out!!!!! The colonel cant miss this one.

Thanks, Vinnie

Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
gemlender will become famous soon enoughgemlender will become famous soon enough
As always you can count me in!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 PM
morpheus is on a distinguished road
I'm in! Hopefully with new pipes. Lunch at the Myrtles might be good if they can accommodate us. Having said that, I seem to recall the road in to be a bit rough. I'll check it out. Maybe another plantation.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Jade is a splendid one to beholdJade is a splendid one to beholdJade is a splendid one to beholdJade is a splendid one to beholdJade is a splendid one to beholdJade is a splendid one to beholdJade is a splendid one to beholdJade is a splendid one to behold
That's a great area. There's one road you may try to avoid (or at least check it out first) around the False River which is Island Rd. which runs on the East side. At least a couple of years ago, that road was crap. They may have repaved it since then, but it was full of Mexico potholes, etc. last time I was on it.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
achenator is a jewel in the roughachenator is a jewel in the roughachenator is a jewel in the rough
I should be there. If anybody from the NS or nola wants to caravan, hit me up.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 AM
morpheus is on a distinguished road
Hey, just spoke with Vinnie, and since several people will be busy for the Labor Day weekend, the Sept 3rd, drive is being postponed. Stay tuned for an update.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
achenator is a jewel in the roughachenator is a jewel in the roughachenator is a jewel in the rough
Booo!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Wankel is on a distinguished road
Yay! I'm one of those who will be out of town for Labor Day