Headed to FL May 19-26

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:23 AM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Question Headed to FL May 19-26

Hello FL gang FYI my wife and I will be taking our first trip ever to FL this coming May for some RR. We got a condo on the beach for the week on Clearwater Beach, FL. We're not the type to stay put so will be driving around anywhere and everywhere of interest. Speaking of which do you FL guys know of any car related activities going on during the week of May 19-26? Taking the wife's BMW coupe and the V1 always stays on the window ready for action. What can I expect from the local or Hwy Patrols out there? I typically like to "fly" low under the radar but not afraid to pay to play either when caught

Thanks in advance for any advice. We both LOVE to snorkel so any advice on places greatly appreciated as well. Hitting Google search too

Tomato

Old 03-28-2012, 12:14 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Used to drive to Atlanta to Clearwater pretty often. You will probably be coming down I-75 and near Gainesville area the state patrol can be pretty bad. They actually got me from the air once while I was airing out my Ducati.

I don't live down there anymore but there's a pretty good car scene in Tampa which is just over the bridge from Clearwater. Check out the Florids subsection specifically. I think there's a car club that meets at Peabody's once in a while.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:19 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
May 19 should be cars and coffee at DuPont registry on hightech road in st Pete. It's worth the drive from clrwtr