Tech / How To

Advice? Clear bra 3M or Venture Shield?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:46 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Ventureshild is owned by 3m film now.
With both Ventureshield and Scotchguard - I think each is different in it's own way and both has it's plus and minus. I install both on cars depending on the need. Venutreshild requires a little more maint. but i preper it over 3m.

the bottom line is 3m/venture over nothing is where it draws the line.

raja

Old 03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
scott is on a distinguished road
car wash and venture shield

Any issues taking Venture shield through the car wash? Do you have to apply plexus after washing? Had 3M on my BMW for the last 3 years. Ran it through the car wash all the time with no issues. Anyone do this with Venture Shield?

Old 03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
EEKS. car wash? i would pass. i can't imagine who cares for their car would take it to car wash. If you didn't care then it's fine and you probably won't need VS either.

To answer you quesiton, i do not know the answer. But my best guess would be, it should be fine.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
scott is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
EEKS. car wash? i would pass. i can't imagine who cares for their car would take it to car wash. If you didn't care then it's fine and you probably won't need VS either.

To answer you quesiton, i do not know the answer. But my best guess would be, it should be fine.

For the Porsche no, but for my DD which is a lease- I don't bother hand washing. Don't want to look at chips, but I don't care enough to wash it myself. I know- that's bad...

Old 03-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by scott
For the Porsche no, but for my DD which is a lease- I don't bother hand washing. Don't want to look at chips, but I don't care enough to wash it myself. I know- that's bad...
You should be fine unless they are using heavy duty brushes.
In all honesty the Venturefilm is easier to damange than 3M.
But from aesthetic side, the Venture looks better (only because it's less visible).

Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
CBP
CBP is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb venture is stronger.......... BUT

I install ppf, and have used most, if not all, film in the market. Wholesale business is my specialty. So I've seen hundreds of car with the film in bodyshops and dealerships' service dept. With no maintenance(or with), Venture's shine fades after ONLY a couple of mths.
But Venture claimed that you can bring back the shine by heating it REALLY hot with a heat gun. 3M on the other hand is the benchmark that other films try to emulate. Yes, orange peel can be an issue with 3m, but if it's installed near perfectly, it'll last, shine, stick, and perform better than any other film(btw, clearshield is 3M closest competitor). As far as preference goes for my customers' sake, I would use 3m, clearshield, avery, venture, venture w/clearcoat, and the last resort, llumar. As for ease of installation(for an inexperience installer), it would be: venture, llumar, venture w/clearcoat, clearshield, then 3M.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
I am currently looking at doing a new product from xpel which, according to the sample I looked at on my car, pretty much has eliminated orange peel. It is from their new "premium" line. They are using a urethane type material as the backing as opposed to a paper type and this supposedly virtually eliminates any orange peel. I will let you guys know what it looks like when it gets done in the next couple of weeks as I am out of town for a few days.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Zeshin is on a distinguished road
I've had Venture Shield on my Lexus for 4 years. Still looks as good as the day I had it applied and has done wonders protecting the car.

I recently just had the crew at Premier install Venture Shield onto my black RS4. I had the front, full front side panels, full hood, side mirrors, side rockers, and some custom pieces on the rear fender installed. Also had the standard kit installed on my SL550.

If you are in the Bay Area, Premier is a great place to go. Super friendly, however I have found they tend to take a lot more time than initially stated. They readily fix any flaws with their application under a life time warranty.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 PM
kennyjr748 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zeshin
I've had Venture Shield on my Lexus for 4 years. Still looks as good as the day I had it applied and has done wonders protecting the car.

I recently just had the crew at Premier install Venture Shield onto my black RS4. I had the front, full front side panels, full hood, side mirrors, side rockers, and some custom pieces on the rear fender installed. Also had the standard kit installed on my SL550.

If you are in the Bay Area, Premier is a great place to go. Super friendly, however I have found they tend to take a lot more time than initially stated. They readily fix any flaws with their application under a life time warranty.

Premier did my gallardo as well over 2 years ago... their customer service is second to none.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:26 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
yes, premier is great in the stuff they install and great in their follow up service as well. They worked on my MB BS recently and did a full frontal protection including my doors. It took them from 10am to 4pm to finish, but didn't mind too much the wait. Their new building is obviously geared towards comfort for the customer. I had my laptop with me so I was able to work throughout the day. Made a jump over PFChang's for a nice Asian cuisine. Came back and they popped a movie in for me to watch in surround sound! That was a little different and actually very nice. By the time Transformers was over, they were about done with my car. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me that day, but their new place is one of a kind. For those who dod not know about premier, just take a look at their website and you will see that these guys are top notch - www.premiermobilegroup.com . Our insurance company has used just about every bra installer here in Northern California and none of them can come close to the degree of service and quality. We were constantly having warranty issues (I handle the claims department with State Farm) from bubbling from the other bra guys and since we switched over, we didn't get anymore. I'm going to their Open House on the 17th of May and will bring the BS. Anyone want to see what they can do, just check out my car that day. Grade A.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Jessecrowe is on a distinguished road
Rock Chips / Southern Calfornia

Thank you all for all of the insights.

Does anyone have experience where their car has a clear bra on most of the car. However the dealer had removed the bra on the front bumper, hood, and mirrors.

The other areas still look great.

There are some rock chips that I would like to fix on the bumper and hood and mirrors.

Does anyone have suggestions for installers in the Orange County California area?

Any suggestions as to leaving what is on or replacing it all? Do the shops do touch up or should I do it and let it seal for a time to fully cure the touch up paint?

Thanks for input.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:26 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
I've had both products on my 996 Turbo which sees some track time. Without a doubt, the 3M product is a more durable product. I've never had a stone or pebble penetrate the 3M bra, but they have made tiny tears and scratches in the Ventureshield.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
m5boston is on a distinguished road
I'm in the Boston area and had Autobahn install their "Roadblock" on my BMW a few years ago. They said they use 3M film, but I'm not sure. I just purchased a new M5 and wasn't going to buy the stuff again, but the dealership I went to said they use Protective Solutions to intall "Venture Shield." I was hesitant, but they promised me the quality of the film was superior and that Venture Shield had a lifetime warranty that it wouldn't yellow. I've only had the car a few months, but I can honestly say that the film looks so much better than Autobahn's! It's a lot clearer and doesn't have that wavy look to it. I can only notice the line in certain angles from about 2 feet away. The installation looks great. You can tell it was all computer cut by all the rounded edges.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by m5boston
I'm in the Boston area and had Autobahn install their "Roadblock" on my BMW a few years ago. They said they use 3M film, but I'm not sure. I just purchased a new M5 and wasn't going to buy the stuff again, but the dealership I went to said they use Protective Solutions to intall "Venture Shield." I was hesitant, but they promised me the quality of the film was superior and that Venture Shield had a lifetime warranty that it wouldn't yellow. I've only had the car a few months, but I can honestly say that the film looks so much better than Autobahn's! It's a lot clearer and doesn't have that wavy look to it. I can only notice the line in certain angles from about 2 feet away. The installation looks great. You can tell it was all computer cut by all the rounded edges.
Great write up. Only thing I would like to add if you don't mind?
Every paint protection film yellows.
I know of it from a personal experience by installing Paint protection film for over 11 years.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Ventureshild is owned by 3m film now.
With both Ventureshield and Scotchguard - I think each is different in it's own way and both has it's plus and minus. I install both on cars depending on the need. Venutreshild requires a little more maint. but i preper it over 3m.

the bottom line is 3m/venture over nothing is where it draws the line.

raja
so did the quality combine or did they stick with their own separate quality as far as the clear bra goes?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Advice? Clear bra 3M or Venture Shield?