Tech / How To

help my key wont unlock my car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by djantlive
carnerd, did you go to carlsen? they charged me $250 including new electronic guts inside the key and reprogramming. it's a 10 min job at most.
No by mistake i went to Stead in Walnut Creek. Never going back there again. Suffice to say this isnt the only bad experience i've had with them. Next time im in the south bay i'll go there. Should have just done that in the frist place. The guys at Carlsen have been nothing but the best in all my experiences with them. Thanks D

Old 04-07-2008, 02:31 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ebaker
There's a tech bulletin on this on renntech. You can "reboot" the key processor by installing the battery backwards for a few seconds then reinstalling it correctly.
Can you post the link? I cant even figure out how to get my key open to flip the battery...