Tech / How To

Removing cayman front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
CaymenSKid is on a distinguished road
Removing cayman front bumper

Does anyone know of any guides on removing the front bumper of a cayman. I am going to be installing the laser intercepter jammer and in order to make a proper clean install i hear removing it is key.
thanks

Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 PM
PTEC688 is on a distinguished road
Hey kid, It's really easy. I've gotta make this short, but for the most part, you just remove a bunch of screws and pull it off. It's gonna be much easier with the front end off the ground on jackstands. Take the headlights out to start. Then remove the trim around the front hood latch (long black trim with 1/4 turn fasteners). Under the trim there are 3 or 4 T30 torx bit screws. As far as underneath goes, remove all of the black T30 screws. Start in front of one tire and work your way across the bottom to the other tire. I think there are also on fastener underneath on the front of each fender liner that you need to pull out. I think there are about 11 screws and two push-pin fasteners. After that, remove enough of the T25 torx bit screws in the front of the fender liners so you can pull them back a little exposing the fans and radiators. There is one T25 screw at the back of each side marker light that is installed straight up. You can remove the side marker lights at any time and unplug them. Just put your fingers behind the back edge of them and pull them out. Now, pull each side of the bumper forward a little to release it from the bumper clips. Don't pull it out to the side. Pull it like you are sliding it off the front of the car. Now, when you remove it, pull the drivers side out a little first to disconnect the two electrical connectors on that side and the headlight washer hose. Clamp it on the car side first if you dont want your solvent to run out. That's it man. Good luck