Tech / How To

Female Porsche tech???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Where did the OP go? No response from her. Did we scare her away already???? lol!

Old 07-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Mrledzeppelin is infamous around these partsMrledzeppelin is infamous around these parts
I know two female students have gone through the PTAP program. I'm not sure on the status of either of them at this point. Good work, is good work, so don't be scared away. But lets be honest there will be bumps in the career road as a female tech, I know some of my friends have had em. I went through UTI, and was fortunate to get accepted into PTAP. UTI was lame, but hey It got me where I wanted to go.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:14 PM
pnwpirelli is on a distinguished road
I wanted to say thank you to everyone for responding and being honest! I really didn't expect so much positive feedback! So I'm pretty pumped now!!! :-)

Old 07-27-2009, 07:17 PM
mishka911 is on a distinguished road
I would say go for it. I don't mind who services my car as long as they are knowledgeable and have expertise in doing so

Old 07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
kpl
kpl is on a distinguished road
doesn't matter who works on my car as long as they know what they are doing....keep us posted about what you end up doing.

just for clarification,
Jamie Fox:

Megan Fox:

Old 09-13-2009, 04:13 PM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
Ill deal the other card. DONT DO IT! But if this is who I think it is then its already to late... So I guess good luck, And enjoy Cali.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Who do you think builds all the motors at Protomotive?

It isn't Todd, K, its his wife.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
don't women have smaller hands ? iknow are always to big to remove plugs change dvs this should save money.. go for it who really cares!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:07 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by djantlive
Hmm, have you seen Jamie Fox in Transformers? Haha... If it's what you are good at and passionate about, I'd not worry about it. I'd think you'll get a lot of attention from the guys which is good and bad
Originally Posted by speedoflight
as long as you're not wearing high heels at the shop i guess.

don't you mean megan fox?
Originally Posted by Enilder
i just fell off the chair on that one too
Originally Posted by Qs997Turbo
I can't stop laughing
Originally Posted by Stockton
Blame it on the a-a-aa-alchohol, baby...
Originally Posted by kpl
doesn't matter who works on my car as long as they know what they are doing....keep us posted about what you end up doing.

just for clarification,
Jamie Fox:

Megan Fox:
Hmm, naw, I don't see much difference between the 2. Talk about Freudian slip LOL.

She said she wants some Marvin Gaye, some Luther Vandross, a little Anita, will definitely set this party off right...

Old 12-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Taskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the roughTaskomania is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by speedoflight
as long as you're not wearing high heels at the shop i guess.

don't you mean megan fox?

Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 PM
crispikreme is on a distinguished road
Working on cars is a skill set that almost anyone can learn. In fact women having smaller hands might even be a plus for getting in tight spaces
pnwpirelli, where are you located? UTI is a great school but pretty expensive. There are alternative schools you can find with equal or better training. I graduated from Sequoia Institute (now WyoTech) in 2001 and paid almost $18k for their program, only to find out I could have taken a way better program at Skyline College for a quarter of the price.

-Alex

Old 01-03-2010, 04:57 PM
jsc1m3 is on a distinguished road
I am currently a Porsche tech and went to a training class where i meet a female Porsche tech, i say go for it! The only thing i would question is the physical demands of the job, sure you can always get someone to give you a hand, but you don't want to constantly be bugging everyone to help line an engine assembly up, or stab a transmission. Best of luck!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Devin1205 is on a distinguished road
I've been a bmw tech for a long time and worked between two ladies and while both of them had a really good brain in between their ears the physical part was a little bit of a challenge for them with heavy line repairs.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I just want my car taken care and fixed right the first time. I don't care who does it as long as it is right.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
BeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really nice
I went to UTI and was also accepted to the Porsche training academy after graduation, then I was a Porsche Tech, so with experience with all of them I don't think you would have a problem getting through it, the industry is predominantly male so the chances of coming across scuzzballs is good but if you stick with it you should be fine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Female Porsche tech???