Tech / How To

Female Porsche tech???

Old 07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
pnwpirelli is on a distinguished road
closed

closed

Last edited by pnwpirelli; 11-11-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
when I have my GT3 serviced the least of my worries is the sex of the service tech...I want my car carefully handled and never left where any harm can come to it...my local service manager/tech know how **** I am and they take very good care of my vehicle and I take good care of them...it's that simple...

Old 07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
scatman200 is a jewel in the roughscatman200 is a jewel in the roughscatman200 is a jewel in the rough
I agree with VSE Chuck. Quality work is quality work, knowledge has no gender. It's 2009, I'd hope you wouldn't need to deal with too many, if any, sexual prejudices. Best of luck, and GO FOR IT!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:41 AM
akiruno is on a distinguished road
As both a fighter (T-37, A-10 & U-2) and heavy (C-141 & C-130) crew chief, my best/ most memorable trainer was a woman – blonde too. Just as knowledgeable as the guys but far more patient and almost no cussing. Military pilots don’t sweat women fixing jets – it’s common to see women toting toolboxes.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Hmm, have you seen Jamie Fox in Transformers? Haha... If it's what you are good at and passionate about, I'd not worry about it. I'd think you'll get a lot of attention from the guys which is good and bad

Old 07-06-2009, 01:59 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
as long as you're not wearing high heels at the shop i guess.

Originally Posted by djantlive
Hmm, have you seen Jamie Fox in Transformers? Haha... If it's what you are good at and passionate about, I'd not worry about it. I'd think you'll get a lot of attention from the guys which is good and bad
don't you mean megan fox?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedoflight

i just fell off the chair on that one too

Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
I say go for it! I've had plenty of male techs working on my car and not all of them seemed qualified to do so. The really good ones, in my experience are few and far between. Once I find someone good, I'll travel far distances just to go to them.

Just a girlie speaking to a girlie here......if you do get hired, you may have to prove youself and your abilities more then if you were a guy getting hired. but once the guys see that you're good at what you do, your customers like you, and you actually can hold you own, i think they'll develope a true respect for you. it's kind of the same being in the driving crowd, autox, etc. if you can handle your car, hold youself well, and you're a true enthusiasts, these guys will be like brother's to you!

best wishes to you! i think you'll do great!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I think its a great idea... We are always looking for qualified, experianced tech that have a love for Motorsports and Porsche road cars.

Go for it!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Qs997Turbo will become famous soon enough

I can't stop laughing

Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Odog has a spectacular aura aboutOdog has a spectacular aura about
Having had a female tech who went to UTI apprentice at my shop(and several others try).... I would encourage you to continue towards your goal! ..... I would have some vastly different suggestions than UTI...pm me if you like. I am sure I can even put you in touch with her for the real skinny. (IT SUCKED)
Think "degree" red-box-video style but for near private tuition $$$.
It is a fun industry but despite your gender- you need to have thick skin and the willingness to rise above the goofiness that will go on around you.

Best,
O

Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
I agree go for it! I am not sure about UTI, i would talk to some of the race tuners on this site. We have the best porsche and exotic tuners in the world on this site use it to your advantage. The best experience is gained from these racing tuners GMG and others.

Why work on daily drivers when you can work on race cars and really get to know how things work.

Good luck and wrench away!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:11 PM
HokuLina is on a distinguished road
Go for it!!! Gender doesn't stop anyone anymore, only negative thoughts!!!!! Have confidence in all that you do, THAT'S what matters!! Best of luck to you!

Originally Posted by pnwpirelli
Has anyone ever seen one? Would you feel comfortable getting your car worked on by a woman? Or having a woman as a co-worker? Would I even be hired or accepted??? I'm in the process of registering w/ UTI, but I want to know honestly (don't be shy!!!) if its a good idea, or a bad idea.... Its GONNA be DIFFICULT for sure!!! I personally am up for the challenge. But I'd love advice, opinions, negative and positive, about what I'm getting into!!! Thanks!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice

Blame it on the a-a-aa-alchohol, baby...

Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Paulyworld1432 is on a distinguished road
Go for it for sure!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Female Porsche tech???