Tech / How To

valentine1 vs beltronics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM
fastz33 is on a distinguished road
valentine1 vs beltronics

So I driving home the other day (I had my v1 mounted and running at the time) and I drove past two bike cops chillin on side looking down the sites of his radar gun... heres the weird part, my v1 did not pick up anything!

so my question is, is my v1 inferrior to beltronics when it comes to picking up laser?

btw I called valentine and they told me that "cali is switchin to lasers, and that i should be driving behind other cars..."

seriously.... I was speachless. Ive heard many good things from beltronics but is it really BETTER then the v1? I only want to be protected by the best, and drive without worry.

If anyone has any info, please post. thanks!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
Haven't heard this. I love my Valentine but if the lasers are not going to be picked up by it.....i'm going to start looking .

Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
your V1 not picking up those cops means nothing since nobody knows if they where shooting at the time and if the beltronics would have done anything different.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
couple of my police buddies here do the same, sit and Point down the road at traffic and they say all you see is the noses of the cars dive, they call it traffic control "never turning on there guns" ?? DON'T KNOW IF THEY WERE DOING THE SAME?

Old 05-26-2010, 03:07 PM
maybeeeee, i feel weird not being protected tho...

I just hope they were just playing that traffic control game, so I know my v1 is stilll good lol.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 PM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
if you live or die by any radar detector you'll get burnt. they're a hedge against the odds.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:35 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
I have a Passport Redline and had the same experience! There are these two Cops, morning hours on 10 FWY near Ontario CA. One will be writing a ticket while the other is on his radar gun. Saw them multiple times and my radar didn't go off. Told my buddy (a diehard V1 fan) about my encounter but he said I had a POS. A few weeks later he told me he had the same experience. Drove pass cops looking through radar gun and his V1 didn't pick up any signal! We thought they were using a new kind of radar frequency.

Originally Posted by fastz33
So I driving home the other day (I had my v1 mounted and running at the time) and I drove past two bike cops chillin on side looking down the sites of his radar gun... heres the weird part, my v1 did not pick up anything!

If anyone has any info, please post. thanks!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 PM
its scary brotha, to be really honest with your i feel like i rather not even have it up. My eyes is my true scanner, but the V1 already saved me butt couple of times so i really put my trust into it.

I dont know whats gonna happen, I hope Valentine will find someway to better their system (which i doubt) ORRRRRR I'm going to look for a new one. A buddy of mine recommended the gx65 pro or something something 75 (totally forgot). He claims it picks up on the new system that the cops are on.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Screamin911 has a spectacular aura aboutScreamin911 has a spectacular aura about
Weird, I have the Bell STI. It picks up laser. My old Bell didn't when it was supposed to and I ended up with a 20mph over ticket!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
V1 or any 'radar detector' is worthless for laser detection. If the V1 sounds the laser 'tone', the cop already has a read on you. If you want laser protection, then look into jammers/shifters.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:17 PM
JoshBsZ is on a distinguished road
Radar detectors are not 100% fool proof protection. Use it as a tool to aid you when you drive. For all you know those cops were talking about the NBA finals with their guns pointed at traffic.. Just showing force. Lazer guns are instant on (as far as I know), so if someone was speeding and sticking out in traffic they would just hit that person.

Detectors are great when a cop is sitting with his radar unit on, My V1 defeats them every time. But situations like night time and lazer ect. is when they instant on, and the detector lets u know when its too late. In LA a lot of bike cops also like to pace you hiding lanes over...

Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
All radar detectors must be used with strategy. As has been stated, they are certainly not 100% foolproof. At night, no traffic, you're gonna be burned. If there are cars ahead of you, and you heed a quick blip, then you can beat it. Nothing matches diligence.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
I own both. I like my V1 a little better but the Bell STi Driver is bad *** as well.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I hear the beltronics rx65 gives less false alarms.

In any case, a radar detector only lets you know after you have been hit by laser....the only tool for laser is a good jammer.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
It always is best to have some one infront of you that is at the same speed. If he gets painted by laser or radar you can react and not be the "fastest" target for the ticket.