Tech / How To

Porsche 997 Factory Navigation install

Old 05-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Jason997 is on a distinguished road
Porsche 997 Factory Navigation install

I was speaking with my local Porsche dealership this weekend and inquired about Navigation systems. I wanted to know what it would cost to have a nav system installed in a used 997 that may not have come with one from the factory.

Well, to my surprise the sales person tells me that's not possible. That you can't get a Porsche nav installed in a used Porsche if it didn't come with one from the factory.

Can this be true? Is there no way to install the Porsche nav components after the fact?

Last edited by Jason997; 05-01-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps not- Some of the wiring harnesses may be missing. Well I suppose you could do it, but it may be prohibitively expensive to add the peripheral components in that go with it. The factory NAV is not all that hot anyway, you may want to look at doing an aftermarket unit install which would give you better NAV, traffic, ipod, and on-screen DVD viewing. Doing that professionally, including steering wheel control integration (if you have a multi-function wheel), would probably cost less than adding the factory NAV by far.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Jason997 is on a distinguished road
Well, that's interesting.. Thanks for the info, guess I will have to start researching after market installs. I plan on getting into a used 997 at the end of this year/beginning of next year.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 AM
FatArse will become famous soon enoughFatArse will become famous soon enough
I heard Porsche nav isn't all that great, and mine didn't come with it as well. Any recommendations on after market units that would work through the existing interface?

Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarket is better and less costly. Look at Pioneer's AVIC line.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 PM
cosmokr is on a distinguished road
+1 on the Pioneer avic-z130bt or you can always go with the factory retrofit here

Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jason997
I was speaking with my local Porsche dealership this weekend and inquired about Navigation systems. I wanted to know what it would cost to have a nav system installed in a used 997 that may not have come with one from the factory.

Well, to my surprise the sales person tells me that's not possible. That you can't get a Porsche nav installed in a used Porsche if it didn't come with one from the factory.

Can this be true? Is there no way to install the Porsche nav components after the fact?
Suncoast sells the Navigation upgrade for the PCM that came in the car from the factory though it's a lttle pricey at just under $2400. Check with them before you make your final decision. While you can certainly go after market if you want to, you do have the choice of keeping the factory appearance with the OEM unit.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Dadio is correct.

We have a factory navigation retrofit for cars that do not have it already installed.

If you would like to give us a call or you can always shoot me a pm with your vehicle details, we will be more than happy to work on pricing for you.

Let me know!

ryan@suncoastparts.com