6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Tech / How To (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tech-how-32/)
-   -   A Stage 4GT Lunch Cruise- Still Puzzled (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tech-how/6375-stage-4gt-lunch-cruise-still-puzzled.html)

ColorChange 02-11-2004 06:57 PM

Stephan: Would you like a car to analyze? Here's my deal. I will buy the upsolute and you can analyze my car (I'll give you most of a day). Then, depending on what you see, I'll decide on the stage 4GTR upgrade I am planning over next winter. Maybe you'll give me a little discount for giving you hard marketing data if I go your route. Interested?

PorschePhd 02-11-2004 07:15 PM

Tim,
Sounds like a great idea. I would love to do this and you are a gentleman for offering!

sharkster 02-11-2004 07:24 PM

Originally posted by ColorChange
Stephan: Would you like a car to analyze? Here's my deal. I will buy the upsolute and you can analyze my car (I'll give you most of a day). Then, depending on what you see, I'll decide on the stage 4GTR upgrade I am planning over next winter. Maybe you'll give me a little discount for giving you hard marketing data if I go your route. Interested?
Heh this was me in Summer;P Going to the German AutoFest and getting Stephen on board changed all of that for me... I don't think you'll have a tough decision to make. Upsolute WILL make your car faster yes, but I noticed a much bigger difference with the IA Kit.

Zippy 02-11-2004 08:48 PM

How do you distinguish the Garrett Modified K24 Turbos from stock K24 Turbos? I was just wondering - I have a couple of those bad boys in the garage waiting to be installed this spring.

Mike

PorschePhd 02-11-2004 09:11 PM

Look at housing, and the wheels. The wheels are a lot different than a KKK/BG wheel. The biggest give away is the 4 ports in the bearing jacket. Two for oil and two for water. The KKK/BG doesn't have these.

Zippy 02-11-2004 09:31 PM

Are you saying the Turbos you sent me are water cooled? How's the dealer ever supposed to figure out how to install these?

PorschePhd 02-11-2004 09:37 PM

No no....you don't use that port. It is just there. You can if you want, but no reason to. We don't.

Zippy 02-11-2004 09:40 PM

That's interesting. If they have question when they are installing, I'll have them call you.

PorschePhd 02-11-2004 09:42 PM

You know it. Almost 24/7 support. We need to talk before you have them install it anyway. They need to understand how I would like the turbos handled in regards to pre-oil and startup.

Zippy 02-11-2004 09:44 PM

Sounds good. I will get in touch for the details as we get closer to install date.

LSM 02-12-2004 01:57 AM

Mustang Dyno last week of February

If you want to do the test on a 4wd mustang dyno, that is not a problem, we would simply have to wait an extra week. Below is the email I received from Mark Boden at fall-line motorsports:

Lou-

If we could schedule to have your group come in while Mustang has their
people at our facility I would only charge $100 for up to 6 runs or
$50 for 2 runs. This way you would have the best cost as well as the
Mustangs own experts available for testing.

A/F ratios would be calculated. This offer is available to your group or
any individuals who would like to take advantage of this offer.

I am about to schedule Mustangs visit, please give me dates that would work
from the last week in February - 1st week of March.

Mark Boden
Fall-Line Motorsports, LLC
847-226-4720

----- Original Message -----
To: "Mark Boden" <mark@fall-linemotorsports.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 1:09 AM
Subject: Re: Dyno

> Great, I will pass on the info. How much are you thinking for the group
rate? Also, do you have a definative date, as I may be out-of town after
February 27. Also, and I mean no offense by this question, but will someone
be onhand who is experienced enough to handle such a test. A/F ratios also
would need to calculated.
>
> Lou
> > The dyno will be up by on the last week of Feb. I would happily give a
group
> > rate to you if your group is willing to wait.
> >
> > We have received our new fan for our dyno, it is capable of producing a
> > MPH wind to a 4 x 4 foot area at the front of your car.
> > This both keeps the car properly cooled as well as simulate the ram air
> > effect of driving down the Highway, giving a much more accurate
> > power figure.
> >
> > Mark Boden
> > Fall-Line Motorsports, LLC
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From:
> > To: "Mark Boden" <mark@fall-linemotorsports.com>
> > Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 8:37 PM
> > Subject: Dyno
> >
> >
> > > Mark, I do not know if your facility is up and running in Northbrook
yet,
> > however, next week a group of about 5-6 cars wants to dyno. If you have
> > interest in giving us a group rate, I would much prefer to do the dyno
> > testing at your facility.

PorschePhd 02-12-2004 11:38 AM

Lou,

Lets do this. I will call Bill at the exchange today for a Wed dyno day with all the parties above. I have scheduled a truck to pick my car up on Tues. I will meet you guys on Wed. As we speak I am installing the kit into my car. So lunch on Wed guys??? Also not only will I be there on Wed, but Todd will be flying in and will be joining us.

sharkster 02-12-2004 11:50 AM

I don't know anyone else that would do this in this tuner community. You rock Stephen!

Zippy 02-12-2004 04:50 PM

Well SHANK - at least you have the best looking wheels on the block!

996TTR 02-12-2004 05:36 PM

I just want to say that the whole Chicago gang appreciates Stephen and Todd doing this. Unbelievable customer support.

Stephen, will these guys have to pull their driveshafts?