Helmet to helmet instructing intercom

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
Helmet to helmet instructing intercom

I can't recall the brand name of the very basic battery powered live intercom that I see many DE instructors use. Would like to pick my own set. The headset is just a cabled single ear pad with a small boom, all of which slips under the helmet.
Can anyone tell me what they use, and maybe best place to buy? I looked around online, and can only find the Bluetooth motorcycle type with all sort sof extra features that are superfluous, and have ptt buttons, which is not good with both hands in use!
Thanks!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Another P
I can't recall the brand name of the very basic battery powered live intercom that I see many DE instructors use. Would like to pick my own set. The headset is just a cabled single ear pad with a small boom, all of which slips under the helmet.
Can anyone tell me what they use, and maybe best place to buy? I looked around online, and can only find the Bluetooth motorcycle type with all sort sof extra features that are superfluous, and have ptt buttons, which is not good with both hands in use!
Thanks!
how about this...

http://www.apexperformance.net/prod-2464.htm

Old 02-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
Doh! Chatterbox, that's it!
Many thanks, and for the shopping lead, too...

Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Another P
Doh! Chatterbox, that's it!
Many thanks, and for the shopping lead, too...
glad i could help...thanks for giving back by instructing....

you guys and gals do a great job

Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
You want the Chatterbox semi-permanent helmet installation setup that will remain in your helmet - just as your Instructor likely uses.

I was at a instructor seminar last weekend and they noted that there is a new version of the Chatterbox out with new connectors. Apparently the DIN audio connectors are being phased out. So keep this in mind for compatibility with the 99% of legacy Chatterboxes out there with DIN connectors.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:58 PM
BruceWilliams is on a distinguished road
I've had a chatterbox for a long time. But its kind of a cumbersome solution, I wish there was something a little more purpose made for instruction.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Estoril
You want the Chatterbox semi-permanent helmet installation setup that will remain in your helmet - just as your Instructor likely uses.

I was at a instructor seminar last weekend and they noted that there is a new version of the Chatterbox out with new connectors. Apparently the DIN audio connectors are being phased out. So keep this in mind for compatibility with the 99% of legacy Chatterboxes out there with DIN connectors.
I found this out also. I bought a short adapter that allows the old (round DIN or keyboard) end to the new mini standard jack. This allows me to use either the new or old Chatterbox unit.

While I was at it... I bought RacCom adapters to use my race helmet earbuds with the Chatterbox: Nascar or IMSA style. Gives me much better audio than the chatterbox, and still has the standard Chatterbox student end.