Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by brab
Chad, I don't know if you mentioned it already but I really don't feel like scrolling through 118 pages , what's the HP output that you'd be satisfied with when KA is done???
brab.

It's not the hp. This motor is built to take 1200 rwhp. The trouble is because of the displacement you would be counting 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, etc. while waiting for the boost to kick in with that kind of power. It is simply a function of the turbo size.

I would be really happy with 900-950 rwhp of very responsive ponies at 1.2-1.3 bar.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by chidoks
cjv, is there any reason why you couldnt have upgraded just pistons, bearings and rods with rod bolts... and then designed a custom single turbo setup with a matching fuel system to achieve your goal? it seems to me like you could have achieved your goals with a big enough turbo and a lot of boost. Do you honestly think the motor wouldnt hold up under moderate build up or is it more a case of you'd rather be safe than sorry?
Yes, without the larger valves and ports you can't hope to see a big power and low boost combination. The turbo crank isn't conducive with high rpm's. Single monster turbo's are not responsive enough for the type of twisties I enjoy.

Bare in mind, these are my subjective opinions and likes/dislikes.

Old 01-14-2006, 10:19 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
ahh... makes sense.. wouldnt larger valves create more lag? that seems to be the case with supra's.. sure larger valves generate more flow and as a result lead to more power but the intake air velocity is reduced, thereby increasing lag... maybe this isnt the case with the porsche motors? if you cant tell i'm a newbie to porsches

Originally posted by cjv
Yes, without the larger valves and ports you can't hope to see a big power and low boost combination. The turbo crank isn't conducive with high rpm's. Single monster turbo's are not responsive enough for the type of twisties I enjoy.

Bare in mind, these are my subjective opinions and likes/dislikes.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by cjv
We now have what we believe to be the cam shafts for KA. S Car Go Racing will start the mock up and pump the motor tomorrow. Then we will test to be sure the pistons and valves do not meet at full advance.
sounds like you guys might have a little fun doing this because if all goes well you guys would be alot closer to reaching your goal

Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 PM
cjv
Originally posted by rduffyt
sounds like you guys might have a little fun doing this because if all goes well you guys would be alot closer to reaching your goal
We are having a modified GT3 intake cam (non vario lift) made up with turbo cam markers. In addition we are cutting the custom CT piston intake pockets an additional 20/1000's deeper.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:00 PM
cjv
We are suppose to have the cams, gears and cam housings by Monday. This set back has lead to talking to some of the best Porsche minds on the planet. The intake is not vario lift. We are using gear drives. Both intake and exhaust cams have been race proven on turbo's. We are not using either our turbo or GT3 cam housings. More later.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:12 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cjv
We are suppose to have the cams, gears and cam housings by Monday. This set back has lead to talking to some of the best Porsche minds on the planet. The intake is not vario lift. We are using gear drives. Both intake and exhaust cams have been race proven on turbo's. We are not using either our turbo or GT3 cam housings. More later.

the fact that you used so many smilie faces in that one post shows that you are getting excited ... which makes me excited too!

Old 01-21-2006, 04:20 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Good news CJV! Waiting for updates.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Keep us updated Chad.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rduffyt
the fact that you used so many smilie faces in that one post shows that you are getting excited ... which makes me excited too!
Your not the only 1

Old 01-21-2006, 09:34 PM
cjv
Does anyone know what happened to 986host? All my pics disappeared in this thread and when I try to go to the site it says it cannot be found?

Have some pics of new transmission mounts.

Old 01-22-2006, 12:53 AM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
try www.imageshack.us

you have to host the photos seperatly but its quick, easy, and free.

Old 01-22-2006, 03:23 PM
cjv
Old 01-22-2006, 04:56 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
try www.imageshack.us

you have to host the photos seperatly but its quick, easy, and free.
vtgts300kw ........... thanks for the help.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:59 PM
TT
Chad,

use this site next time to upload your pictures: http://sholnay.com/upload/

The problem with imageshack is the pictures won't stay active for very long (the links will expire)...but with the link I gave you, they will last a long time. Not many people use it, and thats a good thing because the pictures load alot faster, etc. Copy/Paste the link(s) it gives you after you uploaded the pictures...then the pictures will show up in the thread rather than the people having to actually click on a link to look at the picture!

-Ryan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring