Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
still can't wait chad!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:08 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
still can't wait chad!
Me too! Neil was attending some kind of show this week. I'm assuming by the time he gets back next Monday the pistons will be waiting for him. If that is the case, the motor will be assembled in a week.

We will still have to make up the complete plenum, dual injector manifold, throttle bodies, fuel rails and linkage, but we will be well on our way.

Last edited by cjv; 12-11-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
An epic build and it certainly has had its ups and downs, but I am itching to see this thing in action. Just keep going Chad, I respect that you did not hang it up and are seeing it through.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I was just informed that Swain will be shipping back our pistons this coming Friday.

I guess they were at the shows or they were real busy.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
cjv
I gave a little sneak peak awhile back when I announced we would we using dual injectors and no MAF. We will be using the Porsche ECU, however our product will have total control over all motor functions ........ and then some.

There is a hugh amount of time going into this and i thought I would broach some of our thoughts.

What we believe is ...... the anti knock system in our car's was not designed for many of the changes a lot of us are now making. When we start changing bore, cams, stroke, boost, manifold pressures. crank degrees and some external parts we are changing the frequencies, thrush holds and windows which we believe result in a lack of adequate ignition control.

In simplistic terms, the window is what your anti detonation system is looking for. It is looking for certain frequencies among other things. We have found when certain modifications are made ....... you need to be looking at different frequencies. In some cases different windows. In other words we believe the stock system is possibly looking in the wrong places to avoid detonation with certain modifications.

Part of our new system will allow us to define the windows, frequencies and thrush holds that will help to better avoid detonation.

Last edited by cjv; 12-16-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 PM
cjv
Just received the following e-mail regarding our pistons which are at Swain for coating.

Shipped today. Delivery is 28Th DEC.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:47 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Just received the following e-mail regarding our pistons which are at Swain for coating.

Shipped today. Delivery is 28Th DEC.

how long did they take to coat n return your pistons ?

Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
I gave a little sneak peak awhile back when I announced we would we using dual injectors and no MAF. We will be using the Porsche ECU, however our product will have total control over all motor functions ........ and then some.

There is a hugh amount of time going into this and i thought I would broach some of our thoughts.

What we believe is ...... the anti knock system in our car's was not designed for many of the changes a lot of us are now making. When we start changing bore, cams, stroke, boost, manifold pressures. crank degrees and some external parts we are changing the frequencies, thrush holds and windows which we believe result in a lack of adequate ignition control.

In simplistic terms, the window is what your anti detonation system is looking for. It is looking for certain frequencies among other things. We have found when certain modifications are made ....... you need to be looking at different frequencies. In some cases different windows. In other words we believe the stock system is possibly looking in the wrong places to avoid detonation with certain modifications.

Part of our new system will allow us to define the windows, frequencies and thrush holds that will help to better avoid detonation.
Could you be more specific as to who you are referring to with "we" and "us" ?

Old 12-18-2009, 08:31 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by CURI0
Could you be more specific as to who you are referring to with "we" and "us" ?
Engine control is being designed for this particular motor by Neil Harvey of Performance Developments in conjunction with Link Electrosystems Ltd from New Zealand.

Last edited by cjv; 12-18-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
how long did they take to coat n return your pistons ?
Sorry for the late reply. They were sent to Swain in the first week of November. With freight time, Holidays and shows ....... seven to eight weeks. We haven't been in any hurry due to the schedule on the motor control system.

We now expect the motor to be assembled by January 10th. However, we still have a lot of work to do on the dual injector manifold, throttle bodies and plenum.

Last edited by cjv; 05-02-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:55 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Neil is the bomb

Originally Posted by cjv
Engine control is being designed for this particular motor by Neil Harvey of Performance Developments in conjunction with Link Electrosystems Ltd from New Zealand.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Now that's a big plenum

Old 12-23-2009, 06:24 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by sharkster
Now that's a big plenum
Walk softly and carry a big flowing pipe.

Alex, take a gander at the diameter of that inlet. That little puppy flows just over 200% more air than the 997 GT2 plenum. For the record the 997 GT2 flowed 504 cfm. The GT3 WC plenum by comparison flowed 570 cfm. The six throttle bodies we will be using will flow just under 400% more than a single 78 mm TB.

Last edited by cjv; 12-24-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:00 AM
cjv
Yesterday was a very good day!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
cjv
The last few days have been very interesting to say the least.

I'm am going to pose a question. Does anyone know why a 996tt is prone to bend rods and lift heads after say 700/800 hp or a certain cylinder pressure while the 997tt has higher thrush hold limits? Clue, it isn't a difference in the rods or any specific internal motor part for that matter.

We believe we now know the answer along with how to eliminate what is responsible for the problem. The power/torque ceiling as we have know it for these motors has now been raised.

Last edited by cjv; 12-30-2009 at 05:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring