Tuning/Modifications

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:34 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Frosty,

It looks like the seats will be the last thing I do. I really like the Suzuka Cobra Technology seat. It appears to have it over all the other seats when you really compare design, construction, materials and weight. Currently, I am looking at how to mount and what hardware and sliders are required.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:40 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by LSM
Chad,

Couple questions that I have been meaning to ask. 1) how many miles does your car have on it? 2) What do you use as your daily driver, I never really here about your other cars, but, have heard you have some nice ones.

Lou
Lou,

Killer Angel has about 7400 miles. About half of those are dyno miles. Now don't laugh too hard, my daily driver is a stock Mercury Sable. In addition I do have some other cars, most of which are rarely driven.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:37 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by cjv
Lou,

Killer Angel has about 7400 miles. About half of those are dyno miles. Now don't laugh too hard, my daily driver is a stock Mercury Sable. In addition I do have some other cars, most of which are rarely driven.

Don't you have a Ferrari, and some other exotics?

Lou

Old 03-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
>>Besides R, you can rib me anytime.<<<

I shall continue to "rib" you,have no doubt about that. And one way or the other I am going to drag your *** to Nevda.

R

Old 03-15-2004, 12:19 PM
carnut is infamous around these parts
Hey Chad
Why don't you enter the annual Road and Track (might be Car & Driver) Tuner Challenge? All the big boys come out to play.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
Originally posted by cjv
Lou,

Chad, take a week off upgrading the angel and I'm sure you could get something much more fun. May I suggest an Audi S4? Just don't get early build, they have engine and tranny problems.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:25 PM
J.Moss is infamous around these parts
Here is a link to one of the 00-02 Audi S4's that we have massaged. It is stock from oil pan to throttle body. It is compared to a stock RS6. Please be aware that a stock 996tt does around 330 on this dyno. RS6 341(auto has higher loses) Uber-tweaked s4 429.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/1..._stock_rs6.jpg

edit-for some reason I cannot link the image to this site... Will take a look and try and fix later.

Last edited by J.Moss; 03-15-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
Yea, Audiworld doesn't allow that type of linking. I'm guessing you used the rs4 turbos...

Old 03-15-2004, 07:04 PM
J.Moss is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Frosty
Yea, Audiworld doesn't allow that type of linking. I'm guessing you used the rs4 turbos...
Yea. That car has oem RS4 turbos. A stock S4 puts down about 180 on that dyno.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:55 PM
cjv
Lou,

As of the end of last year I sold all all the Ferrari's. My favorite was the 73 Dino 242 GTS Spyder which was on the front cover of Car and Driver. I believe it was the August '74 issue. It was listed as the fastest Dino in the world. In addition I had a 74 GT Daytona Spyder, 76 308 GTB fiberglass, 81 BB512 Locci and a 99 456 AM. I still have other various exotics and two historically significant Porsche race cars.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:00 PM
cjv
carnut,

I was invited to the Car and Driver Tuner Challenge. The invite was thru Helmut the owner of Renntech. They did the first work on Killer Angel. I declined the invite. Just wasn't interested in trailering the car all the way back to the Michigan Motor Speedway and then home again.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:04 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
so drive it, i'm sure you'd be the only one there that drove their car to the event

Old 03-15-2004, 08:06 PM
cjv
Originally posted by Ruf-Racer
>>Besides R, you can rib me anytime.<<<

I shall continue to "rib" you,have no doubt about that. And one way or the other I am going to drag your *** to Nevda.

R
Now Roland, what possible satisfaction can you derive by watching KA drive by at 120 mph?

Old 03-15-2004, 08:16 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Now Roland, what possible satisfaction can you derive by watching KA drive by at 120 mph?

the satisfaction of waving as he passes you at a little over 205

Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 PM
cjv
soon2b993tt,

The events R is talking about limit your top speed based on your equipment and experience with these events. Without a full cage and a fuel cell they won't let you anywhere near 200 mph.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring