Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Exhaust Sound Levels - 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:10 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Exhaust Sound Levels - 997S

I have a post in the 997 section, thought that someone here might have some input.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=119461

Old 02-21-2008, 02:16 PM
ttpower will become famous soon enough
Hi, I actually have the same issue with my 996 Turbo. I just got the car and it has a fabspeed exhaust system. It is too loud for me as I plan to use the car as a daily drive, with the kids in the back from time to time! I am planning to go back to the stock exhaust. Is there anything else I should try instead?

Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Although they're expensive, if you go to the Europipe (EP)website, (do a Google for Europipe) they have a spreadsheet that compares the db ratings of their various models compared to stock...with reading taken both inside and outside the cars. I found that very useful in trying to decipher the rather subjective subject of "sound" in general.

Although you'll find that everyone extolls the virtues of whatever they happen to be running, the EP is a a beautiful and efficient design...and is consistently at the apex of the most highly recommended. The only downside is cost.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:15 PM
dduncan is on a distinguished road
how much is the EP system?