Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

DO NOT purchase from MYPROJECTCARS.COM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:41 PM
AlpineMsix is on a distinguished road
DO NOT purchase from MYPROJECTCARS.COM

I am not the type of person to go complain about sponsors, companies, or sellers, if I was to recieve a defective or wrong product but this guy/company has to be exposed.

When I ordered my M6 I knew i wanted a couple of CF parts, so I decided to order some of these parts before my car came in because I know it takes a while to order the oem parts and wrap them in cf.

I ordered the side grills, front grills, lower mirror covers and the idrive **** from myprojectcars approximately 1 month before the delivery of my car.

My car comes in early in June 08'. Still no sign of ANY parts. So i start emailing the guy, asking him where are my parts, he said that i should have them soon.
Long story short with prolly multiple emails, and a couple of long distance phone calls late at night to Korea, I sloowly start recieving my parts. First the idrive **** with the lower mirror covers, then a month and a half later the side grills, then a month after finally the last my front grills come in.

So it took about 3 1/2months to get all my parts, which im not gonna lie werent the best quality. The fitment of the lower mirror covers my friend and i had to dremel some of it to fit. And the front grills you can tell the lay of the CF was bad due to little bubbles in the Cf.

So alright, I still let it fly and everything was fine.

Until one day, on an open road, I decided to open up the M and pushed the car to.. lets just say over the speed limit.

This is the outcome, one of my side grills flew off and the CF on the front grill, the actual cf layer CAME off.

Now i know it wasnt the install of the side grills that made them fly off because they are clips, and the part was oem just layered with cf.

And this is what i mean by the CF from the front grill came off, check pic.

So not only does this guy take a year and a half to wrap all the parts in cf, but they are not of good quality in my opinion.
*Im not saying that laying CF is an easy process, but if u have a website like he does, you should dedicate yourself to high quality parts. Especially if your dealing with cars like mercedes, bmw, porches, audis etc.

Attached Images   

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-24-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
board policy is not to permit flame wars of any kind whether between members or sponsors...you have had your say and we are sorry for the outcome of your transaction but this needs to be settled off the board...thread closed...