Laguna Seca - Monterey Historics Aug 14-16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:27 PM
AttAkker is on a distinguished road
Laguna Seca - Monterey Historics Aug 14-16

I have a 2 week vacation coming to me and since I just bought the C2S my wife and I are thinking about driving it up to Monterey for this event in Aug. Especially since Porsche is the featured marque. I have ridden mototcycles to Laguna Seca for the Red Bull Grand Prix 7 years in a row, but have never driven any of my cars up from SoCal. We will make sure to take tons of photos.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Ro...tomobile_Races

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/ne...m?r=6SN0WBM3ZP

Also noticed that the MBR PCoA is featuring a Porsche Corral and other events.

http://mby.pca.org/

If anyone is going PM me and we can sync up plans.

Cold Creek Tavern is a certain stop on the way up near Santa Barbara. Have to time that one right for lunch.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you might want to see if you can still get into the PCA - Coastal Driving School(MBR/LPR) track day on Monday August 17th...all you need are sneakers, a cotton shirt and gloves..you can probably rent a helmet and you will have a great time...intructors provided if you need one...check the date on MotorsportReg.com for info

Old 07-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
We will have a booth there. It should be a fun weekend!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
you might want to see if you can still get into the PCA - Coastal Driving School(MBR/LPR) track day on Monday August 17th...all you need are sneakers, a cotton shirt and gloves..you can probably rent a helmet and you will have a great time...intructors provided if you need one...check the date on MotorsportReg.com for info
Thanks Chuck. I saw that event. Not sure I want to track the car even for just a track day since I will need to make sure I can drive home. Would suck badly if something went wrong. I know it's not living life to the fullest and really experiencing the potentical of the car, but it's all soon to be my daily driver.

Mike

Old 07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
We will have a booth there. It should be a fun weekend!
That's dangerous, I am sure you will have 997 CF bits abound. I better bring some extra spending money.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Mike...how does this sound for living life to the fullest?

Taste of the Track (TotT): Porsche owners who are not registered for the event but are desiring to more fully understand the drivers’ education activities may register for the Taste of the Track program. This will be limited to one time for each person at each track. Under this program you will be paired with a CDS instructor and "ride along" with that instructor during one of the instructor run sessions. To register for a TotT session, see the registrar at the event and fill out the TotT registration form.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
Mike...how does this sound for living life to the fullest?

Taste of the Track (TotT): Porsche owners who are not registered for the event but are desiring to more fully understand the drivers’ education activities may register for the Taste of the Track program. This will be limited to one time for each person at each track. Under this program you will be paired with a CDS instructor and "ride along" with that instructor during one of the instructor run sessions. To register for a TotT session, see the registrar at the event and fill out the TotT registration form.
That sounds incredible!!! I am sure that would even top the motorcycle track days I have done there. Since I never pushed myself beyond a slight pucker. THANKS A LOT for the info.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Administrator
great Mike...I have emailed one of the organizers requesting info on what you need to bring or if everything will be available at the track...also asked him if there is anything you need to do beforehand (register?)...look for me in the paddock...white GT3 #170...I'll be running in the advanced group

Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
10-4.... Will have my eyes open...

Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Only ended up being there on Sunday for the races and left Monterey/Carmel Tuesday. The smoke and ash just wasn't fun. It was still a great time. We looked for you in the paddock but didn't see you or the car.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Administrator
I was there all day Monday the 17th, but because of the historics they had us pit in the camping area instead of the paddock...it was unusual and there was some confusion...sorry we didn't hook up..