Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Ship Wheels, Must Read!

Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 AM
stuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to all
I just used Shipnex and followed the "howtoshipwheels.com" method of shipping a wheel/tire combo to a T.

While Shipnex's prices were unbeatable, I was a bit irritated to get an additional $35 penalty since the four items were not "FULLY ENCASED IN CARDBOARD". The only part that was not encased was the tread but it had about 5 layers of stretch-wrap on them and I doubled up the cardboard on the faces of the wheels.

They also sent out BOTH UPS and FEDEX to my house and since UPS was on my invoice, I turned FedEx away (which was a bit confusing and probably ended up costing me more because of the surcharge of not having the wheels fully encased in cardboard).

As others have said, just be aware you may incur this additional cost if you follow the above directions.

Edit - Check out this thread, apparently FedEx does not charge extra if a wheel/tire is not fully encased in cardboard:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...eels-Must-Read!

Last edited by stuntman; 03-25-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:37 AM
nadablue is on a distinguished road
I have found really a best idea for shipping of Tires. this also use full for the user and dealers who provide wheels and Tiers by shipping.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Hey everyone. I was just going to post up some questions about shipping car parts and this came up in the search. Has anyone used this company recently? I need to ship 6 wheels for a 911 turbo. 3 fronts and 3 rears. I also need to ship 2 seats for a 911 turbo. Would people still recommend this? I am also thinking about shipping the seats by Grey Hound Express just because the are really bulky. Thoughts and any help is greatly appreciated.

Ryan