Sponsored by:

attn:damon@tirerack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
kingtut73 is an unknown quantity at this point
attn:damon@tirerack

just bought a 2006 lexus ls430 they stressed to me due to the tire pressure sensors in the wheels there is no way( yeah right) i can put aftermarket wheels and the sensors back on without voiding my warranty. is this true? if not what are my options. im feeling the oz wheels in 20inch.

Old 03-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
kingtut73 is an unknown quantity at this point
isnt there a thread here about voiding warranties with aftermarket parts

Old 03-17-2006, 02:03 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure on the warranty thread elsewhere, but I have never run into a mfgr. refusing to honor a warranty claim as a result of aftermarket wheels. Unless, of course the wheels are offset so wrong for the car that they are overstressing drivetrain components (ie lowrider wheels). As long as the wheels is designed to accept the OE sensor, the end result to the system is no different than before it was done.

It sounds to me like they were just trying to scare you into leaving the stock setup alone.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-18-2006, 07:22 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
They can't deny your entire warranty for modifying something. They have to prove the modification caused the failure. If you chip your car and yor engine blows, you'll be screwed because you won't be able to disprove that the chip didnt cause the failure. However if you lower you car and your engine blows due to an internal malfunction they cannot deny you warranty service.

So if you get wheels and the tire pressure sensor breaks you can forget about having them fix that but who cares... all other things will be fixed.