Looking for advices for 991 Turbo exhaust systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 04:54 PM
MRM
MRM is on a distinguished road
Smile Looking for advices for 991 Turbo exhaust systems

Hi guys,

I am a Porsche 991 TT owner and recently thinking about upgrading my exhaust system. I have been comparing with different after market exhaust systems, but could not make a decision.. Would any one please give me some advices between Cargraphic X pipe/Race plus version and GMG in terms of sound quality and loudness.

And could any kind owner who has installed these systems post some videos please?

Thanks guys!!

Old 08-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here are some videos of the Cargraphic System.. We have sold a few of these and received some positive feedback..

Muffler X pipe Replacement

Turbo Back w/ Flaps

Turbo back w/ flames

Old 08-01-2014, 06:00 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
check Europipe. in terms of sound & build quality u will not go wrong.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:25 PM
MRM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Here are some videos of the Cargraphic System.. We have sold a few of these and received some positive feedback..

Muffler X pipe Replacement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SwQ...v4kVxSUcUBIJzg

Turbo Back w/ Flaps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJaXppI2Fc

Turbo back w/ flames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ZCfiOznW0
Thanks buddy, do you have any clips shooting from outdoor or when the car is passing by?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:29 PM
MRM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Thank you for you suggestions, Europipe definitely sounds great too.. but how about loudness comparing with the other two?

Old 08-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MRM
Thanks buddy, do you have any clips shooting from outdoor or when the car is passing by?
I email our Cargraphic rep to see if they have any.. Couldnt find any on the itnerwebs.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:30 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Just installed a Europipe on my 991 TT. Love the sound. I did quite a bit of poking around before settling on Europipe.

I think it is a personal choice. Some like louder, some like deeper, some don't mind drone, some want fire******* popping sounds, etc. Tried to factor in horsepower gains, but I was told that the ECUs adapt and that reported gains are gone unless you tune the ECU. So what you are left with is sound.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
Agree 100%

Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
It's subjective, of course, but I've been very pleased w/ my fabspeed headers/exhaust. Fast spoolup, good power, and aggressive sound.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...w-reality.html

Old 08-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
This is my car with very poor quality video (cell) from idle with the Cargraphic X pipe only (stock cats):

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-25454...07746_25454114

And here is yet another poor video at take off. The sound is brilliant in real life and the burbles and pops are dramatically improved while maintaining a quiet cabin. Keep the sound up and you will hear the loud bang as the car reaches the end of the road.

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-25454...66348_25454114

Old 08-02-2014, 09:58 AM
MRM
Originally Posted by enzom
Just installed a Europipe on my 991 TT. Love the sound. I did quite a bit of poking around before settling on Europipe.

I think it is a personal choice. Some like louder, some like deeper, some don't mind drone, some want fire******* popping sounds, etc. Tried to factor in horsepower gains, but I was told that the ECUs adapt and that reported gains are gone unless you tune the ECU. So what you are left with is sound.

Thanks enzom, I totally agree with you and sound is always the first priority at this stage And I think EP definitely sounds amazing. I got your message and would love to chat with you but unfortunately I don't have enough posts to reply to you... Could you please send me another message with your email so I can reply to it?

Old 08-02-2014, 10:02 AM
MRM
Originally Posted by Vic55
This is my car with very poor quality video (cell) from idle with the Cargraphic X pipe only (stock cats):

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-25454...07746_25454114

And here is yet another poor video at take off. The sound is brilliant in real life and the burbles and pops are dramatically improved while maintaining a quiet cabin. Keep the sound up and you will hear the loud bang as the car reaches the end of the road.

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-25454...66348_25454114
Thank you Vic55, it sounds SO aggressive and it is brilliant to sound like this by just even the X pipe, are you thinking about to get the sport Cats as well?

Old 08-02-2014, 10:17 AM
MRM
Originally Posted by AJag
It's subjective, of course, but I've been very pleased w/ my fabspeed headers/exhaust. Fast spoolup, good power, and aggressive sound.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...w-reality.html
Amazing setup on your TT, and it sounds pretty nice!! Congrats buddy! Especially I like those tips!!

Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MRM
Thank you Vic55, it sounds SO aggressive and it is brilliant to sound like this by just even the X pipe, are you thinking about to get the sport Cats as well?

Im going to sit on the car for now and leave it "as is". But who knows as I get a craving. The sound is so strong, especially when driving down narrow house filled streets. The sound bounces off nicely and really creates a great experience vs the stock whispers.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Lifesgud2 is on a distinguished road
Any one have experience with Tubi Street System? Im thinking of getting that with a GIAC Tune...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for advices for 991 Turbo exhaust systems