Exhaust work question? bumper removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 11:12 PM
nabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to all
Exhaust work question? bumper removal?

Howdy yall,

I had 2 questions perhaps y'all could help me with.

First, i was wondering if removing the center muffler on a 2015 turbo s would require one to remove the bumper?

Secondly, is there anyone in Houston with one of these cars with an aftermarket exhaust? I want to hear some different options in person before making a decision.

Thanks all

Old 07-27-2016, 03:44 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
http://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo...wap-hints.html

Removing the bumper isn't *mandatory*, depending on the system you are replacing it with, but it's a MUCH better, easier way to do it.

What sort of sound are you looking for? Some of us have been on that quest for a year or more and can help point you in a few directions to go and listen.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Visceral is 100% correct, not 100% mandatory but crazy not to, since it pulls off in about 15-20 mins.

We have a full product line for the 991 Turbo from headers to tips and optional COBB tune. I linked our full Performance Package below because it showcases our entire line. Please keep in mind that all of our parts will work with the OEM parts so you can mix and match as you please! Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to assist!

We are running a July Special right now if you were interested we can work up some quotes!

991 turbo Performance Package

Old 07-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
Check out our Formula Series Exhaust, its unique multi tube design creates a higher pitch tone than other 911 exhaust systems and we have a valved version for quieter cruise and idle characteristics.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Stop by Momentum Porsche in Houston and ask for Jeff.

They have installed quite a few Tubi Race and Tubi Street systems on 991 Turbos. He may be able to arrange a listen for you. He's also quite knowledgeable in upgrades for the 991 platform.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:40 AM
Venum is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nabizzy
Howdy yall,

I had 2 questions perhaps y'all could help me with.

First, i was wondering if removing the center muffler on a 2015 turbo s would require one to remove the bumper?

Secondly, is there anyone in Houston with one of these cars with an aftermarket exhaust? I want to hear some different options in person before making a decision.

Thanks all

I'd be interested in hearing different set-ups as well. My goal is to improve the sound without drone and be able to hear the turbos. Please let me know if you can track down a few examples and I'll do the same.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I have plenty of videos I can text if anyone is interested. I have more variations of the Kline Innovation system than I can keep track of now

Something for everyone.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Venum is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I have plenty of videos I can text if anyone is interested. I have more variations of the Kline Innovation system than I can keep track of now

Something for everyone.

Thanks Sam! PM sent

Old 08-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I'm doing a series of tests with an external microphone with stock and then Kline manifolds.

I recently did a quick recording of idle in sport plus, a 0-60 run, and the decel in order ot try and get all the audio levels and syncing worked out.

Below is a preliminary video of the Kline Loud with stock monaifolds, but PLEASE PLEASE listen with headphones that have an adequate bass response. Listening over your computer speakers is not going ot give you anything near what the thing sounds like.

Also, I'm having trouble with Youtube clipping the volume. I'm trying to elevate the low amplitute stuff so you can hear it without distortion at the top. I haven't mastered this and there's some Youtube-generated warble when the car is at full song.

Preliminary:

Old 08-02-2016, 09:34 PM
nabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to allnabizzy is a name known to all
Thank you Visceral

Sam I will PM you

I want the car to shoot fire and to hear the turbos much more than stock. What is the easiest and also the most cost effective (lol) way to get this effect?

(I know that is childish, and perhaps foolish, but thats what I would like.)

Old 08-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
We have fire!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Thank you Visceral

Sam I will PM you

I want the car to shoot fire and to hear the turbos much more than stock. What is the easiest and also the most cost effective (lol) way to get this effect?

If you want that turbo whistling sound and flames...got cat-less. That's your best option. The Tubi cat-less exhaust has been know to throw a flame or two

Old 08-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Thank you Visceral

Sam I will PM you

Our Performance Package with Catbypass Pipes and a Cobb Pro-tune will get you there!

Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 PM
There's a difference in how you get flames and pops and noise from the exhaust and turbo sounds from the intake side.

By all means, you can go from a Tubi street (super quiet until full boost) through Kline's stuff (no drone, but agressive) up to Fabspeed (more drone, more agressive) all the way through Sharkwerks pipes and either 200 cell cats (wake the neighbors loud) or cat bypass pipes and a Sharkwerks (wake the neighbors, burn them with fire).

In the intake, you need an AWE carbon intake (good) or some other hot-air cone filter intake system (bad) to hear the turbos.

There are aftermarket bypass valves that escalate the bypass sound, but I'd talk with Champion or Sam about how reliable they are.

Two different sounds, two different ends of the engine.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Visceral
There's a difference in how you get flames and pops and noise from the exhaust and turbo sounds from the intake side.

By all means, you can go from a Tubi street (super quiet until full boost) through Kline's stuff (no drone, but agressive) up to Fabspeed (more drone, more agressive) all the way through Sharkwerks pipes and either 200 cell cats (wake the neighbors loud) or cat bypass pipes and a Sharkwerks (wake the neighbors, burn them with fire).

In the intake, you need an AWE carbon intake (good) or some other hot-air cone filter intake system (bad) to hear the turbos.

There are aftermarket bypass valves that escalate the bypass sound, but I'd talk with Champion or Sam about how reliable they are.

Two different sounds, two different ends of the engine.

You're a good man. Thank you for this insight. Time do start doing some research and sending PMs