Help: Regarding the "Mobile phone preparation" option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
Help: Regarding the "Mobile phone preparation" option

Hello,

i just ordered my 991 Carerra S

what only got me confused was the "Mobile phone preparation"

PCM is standard in our region, will i have bluetooth integrated without the mobile phone preparation ? or i have to have this option to have bluetooth ?

and i don't understand the reason of having this option if there is bluetooth already in the PCM

please advise

Thanks

Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
You should be good to go, never heard of an option for Bluetooth in the PCM.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 AM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Bluetooth is standard with the PCM. It will work with your phone and even play music on your PCM via bluetooth. Hope this helps.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
That helps allot thank you very much

but just wondering whats that option then ?

here is the option description:

Mobile phone preparation:

With Bluetooth® interface for pairing a mobile phone by means of the Handsfree Profile (HFP). Comprises hands-free function and mute function and operation of basic functions by PCM or optional multifunction steering wheel. Includes microphone. Notes: For information on compatible mobile phones, please visit www.porsche.com or contact your Porsche Centre. Mobile phone preparation: The use of a mobile phone inside a car may cause an increase in the interior electromagnetic field strength and, accordingly, in the electromagnetic radiation to which passengers are exposed. The use of the telephone module for PCM via Bluetooth® SAP connection or with inserted SIM card prevents exposure to electromagnetic radiation as only the car’s external aerial is ever used

Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 AM
dochusar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aljaberh
That helps allot thank you very much

but just wondering whats that option then ?

here is the option description:

Mobile phone preparation:

With Bluetooth® interface for pairing a mobile phone by means of the Handsfree Profile (HFP). Comprises hands-free function and mute function and operation of basic functions by PCM or optional multifunction steering wheel. Includes microphone. Notes: For information on compatible mobile phones, please visit www.porsche.com or contact your Porsche Centre. Mobile phone preparation: The use of a mobile phone inside a car may cause an increase in the interior electromagnetic field strength and, accordingly, in the electromagnetic radiation to which passengers are exposed. The use of the telephone module for PCM via Bluetooth® SAP connection or with inserted SIM card prevents exposure to electromagnetic radiation as only the car’s external aerial is ever used

This is Porsche lingo -- for the ability to have a bluetooth connected phone. This works with the PCM for handsfree dialing. If you don't have the Mobile phone preparation, then bluetooth phone connectivity won't work.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by dochusar
This is Porsche lingo -- for the ability to have a bluetooth connected phone. This works with the PCM for handsfree dialing. If you don't have the Mobile phone preparation, then bluetooth phone connectivity won't work.
I don't think so. My dealer said that bluetooth and sim card are both standard options together with the PCM in our region. And the "mobile preparation" removes the sim card and keeps the bluetooth at no cost ! I think he is right as i played with the config and when i choose the "mobile prep" am not allowed to choose the privacy handset, but when i don't it allows to choose the privacy handset. And i don't think the config will allow you to take the privacy handset option without having bluetooth or sim car to use it! Hope you get my point

Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Depends where your region is, in our region (LATAM) PCM is also standard, but Bluetooth is not. You need the option "Mobile phone preparation" for Bluetooth.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
In the USA all 991s get Bluetooth. It is part of the PCM. The mobile phone prep option actually puts a phone module in the car and has an external antenna. You put the SIM card in the slot in the dash. Bluetooth is not used in this case.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks everyone i think its clear now that it depends on the region.