How do you use your PDK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:49 PM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
How do you use your PDK?

I wanted to start a thread on personal preferences for the PDK. Do use stick or paddles. Sport or normal,always in manual mode or auto ect. How well do you think it adapts to your driving style? I am constantly amazed at some of the shifts it executes that are imperceptible.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:57 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I usually have it set in sport and leave it there. Depending on how I feel, I may have regular or sport suspension selected. I seldom, if ever, drive in standard mode. Too slow. But I don't really do much manual shifting, the sport mode is so good. I couldn't shift better with a manual myself.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:40 PM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
I'm using Sport+ 90-95% of the time and shift via the stick most of the time.
If I'm being overly spirited, I tend to use the paddles because I like having two hands on the wheel.
The car is a toy for me and not a DD

Old 04-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I use Sport mode 100% of the time and leave it in Auto shift mode. Only occasionally will I use the paddles. At first I used the Manual mode and the paddles 95% of the time but once I took the Porsche Performance Driving Course at Barber Motorsports and saw how wonderful the automatic mode is, I completely reversed myself and now always use Auto.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
Suspension: Normal mode (95%)
PDK: Sport mode (75%)
Auto Stop/Start: On for highway coasting mode otherwise off
Manual Shifting via Buttons: (25%)

Old 04-20-2014, 05:07 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Sport+ on always, after the car warms up. Sometimes I use the paddles, mostly not though.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:38 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
If stuck in traffic, normal mode. If some room on the road, sport mode. Almost never use the paddles as I'm convinced the damned transmission is smarter than I. Sport+ maybe 5% of the time, I just prefer sport.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I use Sport mode 100% of the time and leave it in Auto shift mode. Only occasionally will I use the paddles. At first I used the Manual mode and the paddles 95% of the time but once I took the Porsche Performance Driving Course at Barber Motorsports and saw how wonderful the automatic mode is, I completely reversed myself and now always use Auto.
Really?
Why is that? Is that what they suggested you should do? Just curious.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:17 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Really? Why is that? Is that what they suggested you should do? Just curious.
That's what David Donahue said at a forum at a forum at the Simeone Museum where he appeared with Vic Elford

Old 04-20-2014, 10:01 PM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
I like to warm up the oil to 165f and find some open road and dial up the sport mode. As soon as i hit traffic I just lope around in normal. I do think the different settings are way more than a gimmick.

Last edited by wanderfalke; 04-20-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:19 PM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
I absolutely love changing gears myself and controlling the sound of the exhaust, therefore I'm in sports, manual mode 99% of the time, pedals mostly.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I use pdk 30-40% sport, 10-20% sport+ and rest normal. In Sport, sport plus it's always in manual with majority of the time shifting through the Pdk stick and then paddles. Normal mode always in auto.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:26 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
100% in sport auto.. Like paddle downshifts in auto..

Old 04-21-2014, 12:32 AM
abdul991 is on a distinguished road
50 %. Normal mode with PSE on
40%. Sport
10%. Sport +
In auto almost 90% of the time

Old 04-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I use automatic for first mile or two then shift to using the paddles. When oil temp gets to 165'F I switch to Sport + and manual shift in the city or Sport and manual shift on the highway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do you use your PDK?