LED Clear Side Marker vs Bulb type

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 09:05 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
LED Clear Side Marker vs Bulb type

While this has been discussed in the past, here are photos showing the mounted difference between the Bulb Type Clear Side Marker and the Porsche OEM LED Clear Side Marker upgrades. On my Basalt Black Metallic CAB with Black Bi-Xenon lights they add to the stealth look of the car. Well worth the $100 upgrade.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bulb Side Marker.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	394577   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Side Marker.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	394578  
Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
They do look good!

Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the white lens blends in much better than the ugly pumpkins.. Required upgrade to any car.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
Yup did mine went with the led bulbs from Suncoast up front. The trick to installing them I found, was to pick the beck end in first then push the led unit back and then the front will snap into place.

They do look good.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:34 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porsche42
Yup did mine went with the led bulbs from Suncoast up front. The trick to installing them I found, was to pick the beck end in first then push the led unit back and then the front will snap into place.

They do look good.

Yeah.. grab onto the assembly and then try to slide it toward the rear of the car.. Once it moves a little then try to grab the forward part of it and pull out a little. (but only after the entire assembly has slid aft a little).

The first time you do it you may need to put a little force to get it to slide aft.. as it kind of sticks in there. but after the first time it goes in and out really easy.

There is a very short service loop for the cable.. so Be careful you don't allow the unit to dangle (and scratch things up).

Suggest finding one of the videos on line which illustrates. I'll see if I can find and repost

Old 07-07-2014, 09:46 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Mine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5192.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	395338  
Old 04-22-2015, 03:14 PM
PorV8 is on a distinguished road
Yup. It's a must upgrade for $100 in 5 min. LED Side Markers on non-LED headlights will not trigger any voltage warnings.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM
isugoo is on a distinguished road
that's also the first thing I switched after I got mine. Must-have for all 991 cars. =D

Old 04-24-2015, 03:06 AM
moje911 is on a distinguished road
I totally agree and have swapped mine as well.

Funny thing is, in 30 years, I can see that the ambers will be the hard to find OEM detail that sets the "Concours" restoration apart from the others.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 PM
Still restless is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scatkins
Yeah.. grab onto the assembly and then try to slide it toward the rear of the car.. Once it moves a little then try to grab the forward part of it and pull out a little. (but only after the entire assembly has slid aft a little).

The first time you do it you may need to put a little force to get it to slide aft.. as it kind of sticks in there. but after the first time it goes in and out really easy.

There is a very short service loop for the cable.. so Be careful you don't allow the unit to dangle (and scratch things up).

Suggest finding one of the videos on line which illustrates. I'll see if I can find and repost
Did you use any tools to get it to move? I tried just using my hands on my new GTS and so far without success. I'm thinking of using a tool to help, but would welcome any guidance from those with experience. Thanks.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:50 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Look great!

Old 04-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
Just your hands is all you need one of mine was pretty stuck and I had to push pretty hard but still no tools required.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Still restless is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Samp
Just your hands is all you need one of mine was pretty stuck and I had to push pretty hard but still no tools required.
I guess I'm not pushing hard enough. Once I get my car wrapped, I can spray some WD40 around the area to loosen things up.