Why Porsche's are expensive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:16 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Grunty will become famous soon enough
Seems to me, that the turbo s is a relative bargain priced given its stratospherically priced competition in the sub 3 second club.

I can't really think of anything to compare the c2s and c4s that seems like a match, performance wise.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Grunty
Seems to me, that the turbo s is a relative bargain priced given its stratospherically priced competition in the sub 3 second club.

I can't really think of anything to compare the c2s and c4s that seems like a match, performance wise.
Performance wise there is a lot that beat the c2s and c4s for half the price. It's the everything else wise that the competition can't compare to.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Performance wise there is a lot that beat the c2s and c4s for half the price. It's the everything else wise that the competition can't compare to.
Depends on what you are using as performance, are we looking at straight line speed, stoping etc. there are many at half the price that may win at one area, but few that have the total package.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:30 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dilligaf
Depends on what you are using as performance, are we looking at straight line speed, stoping etc. there are many at half the price that may win at one area, but few that have the total package.
You took the words right out of my mouth !

Old 07-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Sure, the new M3/4 is "faster" in a straight line but would I pick one over my 2013 C4S? Not a chance.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Idk.....

M3,m4,boss 302, shelby gt500, zl1, z06, stingray, stingray zo6, s5, s7, rs5, rs7, GTR, aston martin vantage GT, z28.

All under 100k. As far as purely numbers these cars walk all over the 911. Now if by total package you mean build quality, sound, feel, looks, experience, etc.... then I agree with you. But if by total package you mean fastest around a track (i.e braking, acceleration, lateral g) well then there are plenty of alternatives.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Idk.....

M3,m4,boss 302, shelby gt500, zl1, z06, stingray, stingray zo6, s5, s7, rs5, rs7, GTR, aston martin vantage GT, z28.

All under 100k. As far as purely numbers these cars walk all over the 911. Now if by total package you mean build quality, sound, feel, looks, experience, etc.... then I agree with you. But if by total package you mean fastest around a track (i.e braking, acceleration, lateral g) well then there are plenty of alternatives.
Guess I am confused as were your numbers come from, only a few of the cars mentioned are quicker than a 911s, you need to get below 4 sec 0-60 which not many you listed can do. Then when put on a track, I still have not found any results from what you have "walked all over" the 911s. Even your Austin which comes in at 99k can't out accelerate the 911s and this was from the Austin Martin web site. Yea the pony cars are fast in a straight line but thrashed a 911s on the track?? Just have not found that test. The M3 / m4 may win some comparisons but most are due to the extras, not due to performance..

Old 07-24-2014, 05:43 AM
Guess I am confused as were your numbers come from, only a few of the cars mentioned are quicker than a 911s, you need to get below 4 sec 0-60 which not many you listed can do. Then when put on a track, I still have not found any results from what you have "walked all over" the 911s. Even your Austin which comes in at 99k can't out accelerate the 911s and this was from the Austin Martin web site. Yea the pony cars are fast in a straight line but thrashed a 911s on the track?? Just have not found that test. The M3 / m4 may win some comparisons but most are due to the extras, not due to performance..
M4 is faster 0-60. We will see around the track

Boss 302 is faster around the track and to 0-60 at just 4.0

Shelby,zl1,stingray,z06, stingray z06 are all under 4.0 and are faster around a track. For the shelby and zl1 go look at when motor trend did their best drivers car.

The s5 and s7 were wrong to use. The RS5 and RS7 are faster 0-60.

z28 destroys it. Just go look at every review.

For the Aston I will see what motor trend does when they get it. Usually the magazine can get faster times than what the company reports as the same with the 911. But the Aston is equal to the base 911. And I rather have the aston over a base 911 as much as I like porsche.

Again if I want a track rat. I'd get a zo6, z28, or boss 302 and I'll be half the price of the 911 and walk all over it at the track. But again none of these has the total package compared to porsche when you look outside of just performance.

Now look at what tech art did to this GT3 so nice (without the exterior graphics)
. I would get this all day every day over any car under 200k minus maybe a aston vantage v12S only because it has a v12.

Last edited by speedsterr; 07-24-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:42 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
M4 is faster 0-60. We will see around the track

Boss 302 is faster around the track and to 0-60 at just 4.0

Shelby,zl1,stingray,z06, stingray z06 are all under 4.0 and are faster around a track. For the shelby and zl1 go look at when motor trend did their best drivers car.

The s5 and s7 were wrong to use. The RS5 and RS7 are faster 0-60.

z28 destroys it. Just go look at every review.

For the Aston I will see what motor trend does when they get it. Usually the magazine can get faster times than what the company reports as the same with the 911. But the Aston is equal to the base 911. And I rather have the aston over a base 911 as much as I like porsche.

Again if I want a track rat. I'd get a zo6, z28, or boss 302 and I'll be half the price of the 911 and walk all over it at the track. But again none of these has the total package compared to porsche when you look outside of just performance.

Now look at what tech art did to this GT3 so nice (without the exterior graphics) [Where's Shmee?] TechArt, Gemballa and Motorworld Stuttgart - 2014 Episode 07 - YouTube. I would get this all day every day over any car under 200k minus maybe a aston vantage v12S only because it has a v12.

The S7 will beat a 991 c2 or c2s in a straight line. I have an S6 and theres no way hell a C2 or C2S can beat me from a stop or roll/fwy speeds etc. anyone who says otherwise, ill put my money where my mouth is and ill race you for pinks. in the real world, the way a turbo car makes its power is different than n/a cars. given 2 cars with equal horse power and on paper #'s. in the real world the turbo car will always win.

Last edited by MikeL; 07-24-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by MikeL
The S7 will beat a 991 c2 or c2s in a straight line. I have an S6 and theres no way hell a C2 or C2S can beat me from a stop or roll/fwy speeds etc. anyone who says otherwise, ill put my money where my mouth is and ill race you for pinks. in the real world, the way a turbo car makes its power is different than n/a cars. given 2 cars with equal horse power and on paper #'s. in the real world the turbo car will always win.
Guessing you must have a really well tuned S6 Audi website only shows a 0-60 in 4.5 sec and a quarter around 13 sec for both the S6 and S7 so I am guess you are well tuned as a 911s is between 3.9-4.0 depending on transimittion and around a 12.2 quarter which is not bad for something with only 400 HP and not built for a dragrace. I am just giving what is available, so if you are stock, you may not want to take that race.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
All this my d*ck is bigger than yours talk is off the mark. Only small fractions of owners race their expensive toys but more Porsche owners do because they have a wonderfully sorted race chassis. And I mean racking at a track.

If you like Audi, Aston, Ford, Porsche, or whatever just enjoy your car.

Last edited by deckman; 07-24-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:28 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
Guessing you must have a really well tuned S6 Audi website only shows a 0-60 in 4.5 sec and a quarter around 13 sec for both the S6 and S7 so I am guess you are well tuned as a 911s is between 3.9-4.0 depending on transimittion and around a 12.2 quarter which is not bad for something with only 400 HP and not built for a dragrace. I am just giving what is available, so if you are stock, you may not want to take that race.
the tune is so cheap, its almost a given for everyone to do it. have apr stg 1, but even stock they dyno at 400 awhp. stock 1/4 mile tested by apr they got 12.2 in the 1/4 mile. after tune they measured 11.6, the car produces more hp than whats advertised by audi. I have crappy 91 octane here so according to apr I should be making 552hp and 564tq at the crank. ive never dyno'd but every 991 c2 and s ive ever encountered ive never lost. but, if it means anything, within the next year I plan on dumping the audi and jumping into a 991, have a newer cayenne s already, dont need 2 baby haulers anymore. I miss having a sports car.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...tfsi_s6s7.html

Last edited by MikeL; 07-25-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:52 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
the tune is so cheap, its almost a given for everyone to do it. have apr stg 1, but even stock they dyno at 400 awhp. stock 1/4 mile tested by apr they got 12.2 in the 1/4 mile. after tune they measured 11.6, the car produces more hp than whats advertised by audi. I have crappy 91 octane here so according to apr I should be making 552hp and 564tq at the crank. ive never dyno'd but every 991 c2 and s ive ever encountered ive never lost. but, if it means anything, within the next year I plan on dumping the audi and jumping into a 991, have a newer cayenne s already, dont need 2 baby haulers anymore. I miss having a sports car.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...tfsi_s6s7.html

Ya ya ya. Good luck with your engine that will last you 50k.

If that is the case, I'll buy a Civic, upgrade the exhaust, air induction system, turbo, nitrious etc, and still blow your S7 away and at a cheaper price.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:21 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
How long is your "straight line?" The C2S has a top speed of 188 and the S7 has a top speed of 155.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Porsche's are expensive