I Realized Today Just How BIG the 991 Is

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all

My friend owns a bike shop in Downtown Phoenix and I stopped in on the way home from my office today, much to my surprise he had his 993 out today so I parked next to it and asked myself "do I drive a Panamera?"

Sheesh!

Old 07-10-2015, 09:05 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
It's certainly grown in size but it's amazing that it still weighs less

Old 07-10-2015, 10:01 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
The @ss end of my TTS is wider than yours, to make it look even bigger.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:18 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Sorry but the 991 doesn't even come CLOSE to looking like the beached whale. That thing is wide, long and fugly. Park your 991 next to one of those and you will see.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:36 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
i have a 1986 911 and see the size difference compared to the 991:

even the mini cooper looks bigger than the 86!

Old 07-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg
Sorry but the 991 doesn't even come CLOSE to looking like the beached whale. That thing is wide, long and fugly. Park your 991 next to one of those and you will see.
What's your point? I park my 991 C4 next to my P4S everyday.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:08 PM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Leslierc
What's your point? I park my 991 C4 next to my P4S everyday.
My point is to the op a 991 does not resemble a beached, I mean pananmera.
Thank god! In my opinion that is a huge styling mistake porsche made. The dealers by me are loaded with them. Does that clarify it for you?

Old 07-11-2015, 06:54 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
a huge styling mistake that is bringing them buckets of money. they have a lot of them on the lots because they sell. the panamera and the cayenne and probably the macan now, subsidize the real sports cars.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by powdercoatmike
a huge styling mistake that is bringing them buckets of money. they have a lot of them on the lots because they sell. the panamera and the cayenne and probably the macan now, subsidize the real sports cars.
your comment is very flawed. if its a styling mistake thats making them buckets of money, well, the rest is history. 991 is a great looking car, best looking H2O car they have built

Old 07-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Christian
your comment is very flawed. if its a styling mistake thats making them buckets of money, well, the rest is history. 991 is a great looking car, best looking H2O car they have built
I read his comment to be a rebuttal to the one previous. But whatever, I agree, the 991 is the most attractive water-cooled car.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vicelord
I read his comment to be a rebuttal to the one previous. But whatever, I agree, the 991 is the most attractive water-cooled car.
oops, you are correct

Old 07-12-2015, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by powdercoatmike
Sorry Powdercoatmike dealers by me are offering big discounts on the Pana. Not
so on the cayenne and macan. Matter of fact they cannot get enough macan's. even the hybrid is selling well. Had a macan loaner for 2 days, loved it both styling and performance wise. IMO Porsche answered a question no one was asking with the Pana. I guess they were aiming for a 4 door 991..what they got again IMO was a beached whale. I guess It appeals to some..just not me.
Again let me make this clear as to not offend any Pana owners...MY OPINION.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:12 AM
I've never driven a Panamera so I can't judge the car, but to me they look like a hatchback limousine.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Jcsomerv is on a distinguished road

Most manufacturers are dramatically increasing the size of their cars - the Mini referenced is a good example. But I don't really care about most - only the 911 - and I think it is a shame that the 991 is so big. IMO even the 997 is a little large. Mazda had the guts to make the next gen Miata smaller - when will Porsche give us a proper sized 911 again? (PS: imagine how much less the 991 would weigh if it wasn't so huge).

Anybody have a picture of the 991 next to a 928? Has Porsche pulled a fast one and given us the large, comfy GT car that they envisioned in the 80s when they tried to replace the 911 with the 928?

Sports cars by definition ought to be small - If I was to buy a new Porsche to replace my 997 I'd be into the Cayman not the 911 based on size alone.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Jcsomerv; 07-12-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg
My point is to the op a 991 does not resemble a beached, I mean pananmera.
Thank god! In my opinion that is a huge styling mistake porsche made. The dealers by me are loaded with them. Does that clarify it for you?
No, it doesn't. Beauty is subjective and I was trying to be humorous and, at the same time, friendly. I guess you missed that. Frankly, I have always liked the looks of the Panamera but, again, looks are subjective. You don't happen to like it and that's OK. I would beg to differ with you that the Panamera is as unpopular as you think. I think Porsche differs with your opinion as well. So what if the dealers by you are "loaded with them"; that's not an indictment of anything. Anyway, this is a Porsche forum and, at the least, I would think you could support the brand. Porsche cannot survive just on the 911. Besides being subjective, looks are not everything and there is a lot to like about the Panamera.

Last edited by Leslierc; 07-12-2015 at 11:17 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Realized Today Just How BIG the 991 Is